Author Topic: How rare is my car?  (Read 4341 times)

cmw

• View Profile
How rare is my car?
« on: September 12, 2009, 07:10:37 PM »
Hello to everyone, I am a new member. I recently purchased a RS/SS x22 car in very poor condition. I am currently restoring the car and was looking for help with the number of cars with the same color combinations and options. I am aware that it is very hard to get the exact number of cars. It is dover white with a black vinyl top, blacked out rear tailpanel, blacked out rockers and has as black hockey stripe. The car has red standard interior without console gauges. It does have the RS option. I read about the number of cars with white paint and the number of red interiors produced. I was hoping to narrow down the number of cars built with these options. Thank you for any help. :)

x77-69z28

• View Profile
Re: How rare is my car?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 10:27:30 PM »
chevrolet did not keep track of production that way. they can tell you how many white carmaros they made, how many vinyl roof cars they made. but not how many white cars with black vinyl roofs.
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

cmw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 07:55:23 PM »
Hi, I was trying to narrow down the number of RS/SS 396 white cars with red interiors. I was not sure if you took the number of SS cars produced (33,980) and figured the percentage of them with white paint and then figured the percentage of cars with red interior?

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 09:41:57 PM »
You can do the statistics and calculate the probable numbers. Thats as close as you can get. Records of the combinations of options are not available.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

gro51

• 68 SS/RS 350
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 02:14:05 AM »
I agree with the other replies, but from my experience I'd say that's a pretty rare combo.  I've never seen one like that but I've seen a couple with the blue interior.   I hope you restore it to that configuration and would love to see some pics.  I think it would look great.
Joe
Schodack, NY

'68 SS/RS 350, M21, 3:73, Rallye Green, Black Deluxe Interior

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 04:35:43 AM »
You can't combine the int and ext color percentages like that and come up with anything reasonable. It's not an even distribution....
Kurt S
CRG