Author Topic: Ignition Switch Adjustment  (Read 4895 times)

purez28

• View Profile
Ignition Switch Adjustment
« on: September 07, 2009, 07:37:19 PM »
I am having issues with starting my Camaro. Over the summer I have been having intermitant problems starting the car. Thought it was the voltage regulator, starter & solinoid and a break in the an ignition wire. Those weren't the issue. I noticed that the "Alt" & "Oil" light were on, like when the ignition switch is in the "On" position but the motor isn't running. Thought that meant the problem was in the ignition switch. Ordered a replacement switch but still the problem exists. I have tried adjusting the switch, but don't have the instructions. So, I don't know if I am adjusting it correctly. Has anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions on what else might be wrong?
Thanks,
Paul

BTW...the car has tilt steering.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ignition Switch Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 04:20:32 PM »
Year? Assuming it's a '69, the procedure for adjusting the ignition switch is covered on page 9-12 in the 1969 Chassis Service Manual.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 08:03:03 PM »
Does it happen when the engine is cold, or only after it has been running and is hot? If after it has been running, might be heat related starter/solenoid issue.

Jimmy V.
Jimmy V.

purez28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 02:54:04 AM »
John Z,
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

jdv,
The problem occurs when the engine is hot or cold. There is an electrical feedback somewhere, just haven't found it yet.

anything