Author Topic: RUSTED inner quarter panel!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8454 times)

ogbean

• View Profile
    • MySpace
RUSTED inner quarter panel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 25, 2005, 11:55:52 PM »
The lower 1.5 to 2 inche sof my interior quaters are rusted due to leafs not being cleaned out of it whil it sat under an oak tree before i bougt it..is there a solution to this??? nobody seems to have inner quarter pieces. 
David

1968 L30 4spd ???, Rally Green, White Vinyl Top, Ivory Houndstooth Interior (716), D55 console, D91 Stripe

clwilcox

• View Profile
Re: RUSTED inner quarter panel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 02:14:31 PM »
Are you referring to the outer rear wheel wells?  All the major restoration shops (Ricks, NPD, etc) sell all the sheet metal to replace all of the parts you "might" be referring to.  There is the rear 1/4 itself (exterior panel), the outer rear wheel well (inside the 1/4), and the inner rear wheel well.  If you're referring to the front (most likely not but I've heard some folks calling fenders front 1/4s), then you can replace the inner fender well as well as the fender itself.  Please clarify the part you are referring to if I'm am still off.
Christropher
1967 RS/SS 350......in pieces still.

ogbean

• View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 10:39:21 PM »
Ok to clarify....it the inner quarter panel(where the side panel go, and the 1/4 wino mechanism bolts to)in front of the wheel housing...bu ton the INSIDE of the car
David

1968 L30 4spd ???, Rally Green, White Vinyl Top, Ivory Houndstooth Interior (716), D55 console, D91 Stripe

RickH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 02:11:36 AM »
You need to get a digital camera and post pictures. May I also recommend spell checker.  ::)

The pieces you are referring too are not reproduced and will require you finding a donor car.

Rick H.

clwilcox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 01:29:15 PM »
ok, I understand where you mean.  As RickH said, you can't buy that piece.  You'll have to find a donor car.  You can buy the peice that is actually part of the wheel well behind the inner rear quarter window panel (better description?), But not the rear interior panel itself.  Oh, also as RichH stated, Pics are best when trying to describe something, and spell checker is your (and our) friend.

Best of Luck,
Christropher
Christropher
1967 RS/SS 350......in pieces still.