Author Topic: SEMA ACTION NETWORK  (Read 4213 times)

PACE&Z2869

• View Profile
SEMA ACTION NETWORK
« on: April 04, 2006, 08:23:54 AM »
Hello fellow CRG members. I don't know if anyone else knew about this part of SEMA, but there is a part of SEMA called SEMA action network. This part of SEMA tracks legislation on the federal and state level that effects the classic car hobby. Anyone can join free of charge. I just discovered this and signed up right away. You can receive e-mails about pending legislation that is important to our hobby. (Livleyhood in some cases!) Some of the current legislation is good, most is bad. I think that if all 650 members of CRG, (as of 4/4/06) were to take a minute to read some of this legislation that some of these states have proposed, you'll sign up also. Just search "SEMA action network" and it will come up. If you've never called your representitives this just might inspire you to do so. (If you live in W. Virginia you can only drive you classic vehicle on sat. sun. and holidays. However the new proposal thats being considered will expand that to include friday evenings if passed.) Big hearted politicians!!!  I guess your not allowed to enjoy yourself during the week in w. virginia. (small letters intended)
PACE&Z2869

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: SEMA ACTION NETWORK
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 06:40:23 PM »
Pace,
Thanks for the info. about SEMA.  We try to keep track through our local AACA chapter about legislation, but that SEMA site is much more thorough.  The legislators will listen to us if enough speak out, but they will also pass some very restrictive laws if our side is not heard!

I noted that you can copy info. off the site that may impct your vehicle.  I carry around copies of three NC laws (where I'm from) in my car.  You never know when you might get a rookie, who doesn't know that in NC: 1. I don't have to have an inspection sticker; 2. The car is exempt from emissions inspection; and, 3. I can have a 68 NC tag on my car as long as I keep a current tag in my possession.

So, if I drive my 68 into West Virginia on a Monday, I'll get the blue light special?!?!
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director