Author Topic: Rear Brakes will not bleed  (Read 4350 times)

Damon

• 69 Camaro RS
    • View Profile
    • www.damonr.com
Rear Brakes will not bleed
« on: August 21, 2009, 02:57:49 AM »
Hello again...

69 Camaro front disc rear drum.  New everything. I am starting with the rear pass drum and cannot get anything.  Tried the drivers side, nothing.  Tried the fronts, bleed out perfect.  Removed the distibution valve under the master and replaced with original, no difference.  Bench bleed master prior to install.  After all this I made a short brake line with a rubber hose and ran it from the brake master (rear) outlet and submerged the other end in a jar of brake fluid, first 12 pumps had lots of air, after that no air but the jar of fluid would not fill up, just raise and drop with each pedal stroke.  What I am missing or doing wrong?

Thanks,

Damon
Damon

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
Re: Rear Brakes will not bleed
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 04:15:04 AM »
Was the hose submerged in the fluid in the jar the whole time? If it was, sounds like it airlocked. I'd try bleeding with the hose out of the fluid so the m/c can 'breathe'. My 2 cents and good luck!
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior

Damon

• 69 Camaro RS
    • View Profile
    • www.damonr.com
Re: Rear Brakes will not bleed
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 03:36:21 PM »
Used a vacuum bleeder and noticed a tremendous amoutn of air, after checking all the lines the new brake line from the master to the distribution block was leaking where it screws into the master.  I removed the line and it looks great, will make a new one and try again tonight.

Damon
Damon