Author Topic: Restoration Shop for '68Z.  (Read 5202 times)

1968 Z28

• View Profile
Restoration Shop for '68Z.
« on: August 10, 2009, 02:47:20 AM »
I have a 1968 Z28 that needs restoration and I have decided that it needs to be restored to its original self and I don't think I can do it justice. I live in west Texas with no restoration shops anywhere near me. Could any of you guys recommend a good resto shop, anywhere in the state, that can restore my Camaro to its former self? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. I do know about Lucas Restoration but haven't contacted them yet.  Thought I would try closer to home first.

Thanks in advance.....
Jerry G.

Z28-1968-07C-Norwood
Ermine White, Red Std. Interior
2nd. Owner, 38,000 miles

jonboy1216

• View Profile
Re: Restoration Shop for '68Z.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 04:12:46 AM »
contact  jerry macneish his web site is  z28camaro.com  he would know of a good one because all he deals with is  67 68 zs

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:58:57 PM »
Lucas Restorations in Pheonix, Maryland.

Beleive me, it'll be worth the effort.

Ken does concours-level Camaro restorations that are second to none.

Type in Lucas Restorations in your search engine....

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 11:39:35 PM »
Ken Lucas is second to none in the business!  I have known him for almost 20 years and his rates are very afordable.  I do all of the drive train stuff for Ken and we've had a great working relationship for many years.  Ask some of his customers.

All of the Lucas Motors cars have done very well in the "Legend" concours too.

Jerry

1968 Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 04:07:37 AM »
Ken Lucas is second to none in the business!  I have known him for almost 20 years and his rates are very afordable.  I do all of the drive train stuff for Ken and we've had a great working relationship for many years.  Ask some of his customers.

All of the Lucas Motors cars have done very well in the "Legend" concours too.

Jerry
Jerry.....Thanks for your comments.  Yes I am aware of the reputation of Ken and his crew.  I am always checking their site for photos to use as a reference.  Just never have contacted them for their advice or comments on my car.  In case you do check this post again I am going to reference a link to my posting over on TC that includes some info on the current status of the car as well as a link to a photo album of the car.  Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=163101

Thanks again.......
Jerry G.

Z28-1968-07C-Norwood
Ermine White, Red Std. Interior
2nd. Owner, 38,000 miles

plasiter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 04:07:07 AM »
I cast one more vote for Lucas Restorations.  Ken is simply great to work with, and knows his stuff.  I've seen several of the cars he's worked on (including mine...in progress) and they are all excellent examples of very professional work.  Can't go wrong with Ken.  Ship the car (I shipped mine from California...), that is - if he'll take on your project.  Paul
1967 Z/28 - Factory Special Order Flambeau Red Paint (Close to Hugger Orange) in 1967!