Author Topic: Engine Decals  (Read 5405 times)

daytho1

• View Profile
    • My Camaro
Engine Decals
« on: March 21, 2006, 09:16:19 PM »
Are there template sets for engine decals?  There are many different decals available through numerous sources but how can you tell what is suppose to be on your vehicle?  Seems to me that if you're restoring a vehicle to it's original condition that it's incomplete without the correct decals and placement.  I know it's going to be dependent upon what engine/options you have installed i.e., AC vs no AC, etc.  What I'm particularly interested in is something to tell me what I should have with my 250 L6 engine.
67 250, Bolero Red, N25
Check Out My Restoration Pages: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=306096&ck=

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Engine Decals
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 12:34:07 AM »
There's nothing that I know of. Especially for the 6's! If I were you, I'd try tracking down 6 cylinder owners on this site and CAMAROS.NET and start taking notes. Most everyone will be happy to send you pictures.

Good luck...

Ed

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: Engine Decals
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 05:41:55 PM »
I remembered your post on 250 emblems...
Last night I noticed that NPD does stock some 250 decals, and the 2005 catalogue does give a little info. on location.  I looked online at the current catalogue and actually did not see as much info.
Anyway, thought this might help a little.
Ed is right, keep asking and you will run into someone who has a car like yours.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director