Author Topic: Low brake pedal after booster installation?  (Read 3460 times)

snowballfisher

• View Profile
Low brake pedal after booster installation?
« on: March 03, 2006, 01:20:37 AM »
I just noticed that the brake pedal is relatively low compared to the clutch pedal now that I've installed the new booster.  Is this normal?  I can't remember if it was like that before or not.  I think the pedals were about the same height off the floor.  I checked the pedal rod length on the old booster and the new one and they were the same.  Come to think of it, I didn't compare the pushrod from the booster to the m/cyl.  Could they have been different lengths?  I think I need some help on this one.  I hung on to the core booster until I knew that the new one fixed my hissing problem, then once it was done, I returned it for core credit.  Now I wish I would have waited so that I could check that rod length.  Any ideas here guys?

bertfam

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Low brake pedal after booster installation?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:36:10 PM »
Yes, both pedals should be about the same height, and yes, there are two lengths of pushrods that were used from the booster to the master cylinder. However, I believe it's the master cylinders that are different, not the boosters.

Anyway, it's been awhile since you posted this. Did you figure it out?

Ed
Ed "Bert" Bertrand
email me!

nuch_ss396

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 11:31:27 AM »
I had a spare 9204 booster that I sent to Jerry MacNeish for restoration and he discovered that the pushrod was also incorrect.  He supplied a correct one for me ;D

Steve
69 SS 396, Hugger Orange, D/80, D/90
Chambered Exhaust, N/66, THM400, 3:73 posi

Steve A.
  CRG

cib12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 12:41:40 AM »
also be sure to check the check valve-- if defective it can restrict the vac that goes to the booster- and also check engine vac(car running) to meet man. specs.  the check valve keeps gas vapors form hurting the diaphram in the booster