Author Topic: Low brake pedal after booster installation?  (Read 10164 times)

snowballfisher

• View Profile
Low brake pedal after booster installation?
« on: March 03, 2006, 01:20:37 AM »
I just noticed that the brake pedal is relatively low compared to the clutch pedal now that I've installed the new booster.  Is this normal?  I can't remember if it was like that before or not.  I think the pedals were about the same height off the floor.  I checked the pedal rod length on the old booster and the new one and they were the same.  Come to think of it, I didn't compare the pushrod from the booster to the m/cyl.  Could they have been different lengths?  I think I need some help on this one.  I hung on to the core booster until I knew that the new one fixed my hissing problem, then once it was done, I returned it for core credit.  Now I wish I would have waited so that I could check that rod length.  Any ideas here guys?

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Low brake pedal after booster installation?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:36:10 PM »
Yes, both pedals should be about the same height, and yes, there are two lengths of pushrods that were used from the booster to the master cylinder. However, I believe it's the master cylinders that are different, not the boosters.

Anyway, it's been awhile since you posted this. Did you figure it out?

Ed

nuch_ss396

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 11:31:27 AM »
I had a spare 9204 booster that I sent to Jerry MacNeish for restoration and he discovered that the pushrod was also incorrect.  He supplied a correct one for me ;D

Steve
69 SS 396, Hugger Orange, D/80, D/90
Chambered Exhaust, N/66, THM400, 3:73 posi

Steve A.
  CRG

cib12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 12:41:40 AM »
also be sure to check the check valve-- if defective it can restrict the vac that goes to the booster- and also check engine vac(car running) to meet man. specs.  the check valve keeps gas vapors form hurting the diaphram in the booster