Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

68 carb date to motor assy which is correct

(1/1)

rare4k:
I have a 68 car with a T0528MQ born with motor on a 06B car question is would a 861 carb be correct or is it to close ? how close can the carbs be to the trim tag date  thanks  ::)

JohnZ:
I don't see an issue - the carb was installed at the car assembly plant, not at the engine plant.

rare4k:
john, how far along were the car's when the carb's were placed on them ? this carb is one week away from the trim tag thats why i'm thinking its to close and I should back it up a couple weeks to a 8- 5 something or even a 8-4 something, of the documented original one's you've seen are they as close as well thanks Phil

JohnZ:

--- Quote from: rare4k on July 14, 2009, 04:11:31 AM ---john, how far along were the car's when the carb's were placed on them ? this carb is one week away from the trim tag thats why i'm thinking its to close and I should back it up a couple weeks to a 8- 5 something or even a 8-4 something, of the documented original one's you've seen are they as close as well thanks Phil

--- End quote ---

An 06B body would reach Chevrolet as early as the 9th of the month, or as late as the 16th; a first week of June carb works in either case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index