Author Topic: GM Nat's at Carlisle??  (Read 4004 times)

maroman

• View Profile
GM Nat's at Carlisle??
« on: July 01, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »
So, didn't anyone go? I heard it was very bad on Friday.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

70lt1z28

• View Profile
Re: GM Nat's at Carlisle??
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 12:22:21 AM »
i was there, turnout was terrible on friday its really amazing. saturday was much better however still alittle lite IMO. the cars that were there were awsome.

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 02:15:39 AM »
Made a run on Saturday. Vendors (New & used) seemed a bit lighter than last year. That trend continues. Had the pleasure of a short (minutes) conversation with Jim Wagners during a slow stretch at the Pontiac tent. Lost my camera, so no good photos this year. Picked up signed  "Conclusive Camaro Recognition Guide" by Hooper, and Wagners signed his "Glory Days". Picked up a couple small parts that may or may not help with my TPI conversion. Saw Jerry's 67, but not Jerry.

How about some kind of CRG get together next year? Nothing fancy, just a chance to put some faces with the names?
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

Pex68

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 02:42:10 PM »
I was there in Concours.  Turnout for the event was light IMO too.  Talked to some vendors that were in other vendors spots and the story was all the same, they couldn't justify the cost of coming against what the sales have been.  The lower vendor field wasn’t even filled.  Met & made a lot of new friends this year though, even met John Hooper & Brian Henderson (Supercar Workshop).  Both great guys.  Jerry had a bad 102 fever and everyone thought he wasn’t going to make it but it broke Friday and there he was Saturday!  Personal THANKS going out to him for his dedication.  Honestly all in all even if this was just a ACA event and not mixed with GM Nationals or Carlisle and was held in a parking lot somewhere I would STILL go just because it's a great time and you couldn't ask for any better people than the people associated with it. 

John, how did you do?  Any news on those parts??? ;D  PM/email/call me!

Chris P
1968 Sequoia Green SS 396/325 M20

70lt1z28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 12:09:01 AM »
hey chris, i dont know how I did , how about you?  I know by your smile that you must have been better then last year.  i have not  heard about the parts yet, my buddy is sometimes slow to look. I will let you know.

anything