Author Topic: Exhaust hangar bracket  (Read 7655 times)

melav8r

• View Profile
Exhaust hangar bracket
« on: June 08, 2009, 04:32:09 PM »
Did dual exhaust cars get the single exhaust hangar bracket that's welded to the drivers side underbody just forward of the gas tank?

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Exhaust hangar bracket
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 02:52:17 PM »
If you mean the tapping plate mig-welded on the outboard side of the rear rail, yes - '69 coupes with dual exhausts got that plate.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

melav8r

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 04:51:31 PM »
no, I'm referring to the bracket that is on the left side but inboard of the frame rail, its pictured on page 117 (UPC 8, A4) of the FAM, holds up the transverse muffler on single exhaust cars.

see the link on the 2nd post on page 3 of this thread:
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=94328&page=3

link from posting
http://www.txrotorcraft.org/bryan/camaro69/

picture from the link:
http://www.txrotorcraft.org/bryan/camaro69/images/DSCN0021.jpg

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 04:24:39 PM »
no, I'm referring to the bracket that is on the left side but inboard of the frame rail, its pictured on page 117 (UPC 8, A4) of the FAM, holds up the transverse muffler on single exhaust cars.

Yes, all cars got that single-exhaust hanger bracket - it was welded on as part of the rear floor pan subassembly, and just went along for the ride on an N10 dual exhaust car.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

melav8r

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 05:50:52 PM »
Thanks John :-)

melav8r

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 04:28:48 PM »
If you mean the tapping plate mig-welded on the outboard side of the rear rail, yes - '69 coupes with dual exhausts got that plate.

Do you know if single exhaust 69 Camaros had pilot holes where the dual exhaust plate attaches on the outer left frame rail?

cancam69

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 01:03:34 AM »

Do you know if single exhaust 69 Camaros had pilot holes where the dual exhaust plate attaches on the outer left frame rail?

Yes.

click

• View Profile
    • Our 69 RS
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 07:27:22 PM »
Here is my 69 frame rail showing the 2 pilot holes. I have dual exhaust on it now but it was from the factory without duals. Hence just the pilot holes. This area is where a plate was welded with the 2 threaded nuts in it to hang the dual exhaust from. :) My car is an LM1 with single exhaust. There are LM1's with duals too. It was an option on alot of the V8's.

Click is Jim , central Minn.  Moderator at Team Camaro www.camaros.net

melav8r

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 08:02:10 PM »
Very cool, looks like they're bigger than the 1/4" threaded holes on the plate that dual exhaust cars receive. they're probably the same size as the holes on the passenger side frame rail where the plate is welded inside the rail. Noticed the repro frame rails came with the holes also and wanted to make sure that the originals came that way.
thanks for the picture and post.
Mel

anything