Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

LOS/VNY 69 Z28 cowl paint

(1/3) > >>

melav8r:
I recently saw an original paint Lemans blue L.A. Z28 with white stripes and the whole cowl area was white from the top edge of the firewall back. This appeared to include the windshield wiper linkage as well. This was a mid to late April car.
Jerry's book mentions white striped cars were painted white under the cowl grill.
My question is, would a January built L.A. dover white car with black stripes receive black paint under the cowl grill? Was the wiper linkage also painted?

Mark:
Been repainted.  Wipers were not installed when the cowl was striped.  GM  (or at least other GMAD workers further down the same line at LA) installed those about a day after the cowl was painted.

melav8r:
Like I said, linkage "appeared" to be painted, can't say for sure. So, did black stripe cars receive the same treatment? What should the finish be on the wiper linkage?

JohnZ:

--- Quote from: melav8r on June 08, 2009, 04:11:06 PM --- What should the finish be on the wiper linkage?

--- End quote ---

The wiper linkage is always black - it was received painted black from the supplier, and was installed many hours after the Paint Shop; if it's any color other than black, the car has been repainted.

melav8r:
Thanks JohnZ, what do u know about the cowl area on a car that received black stripes? Mine was repainted so the cowl area including wiper linkage is white, it's a white car with black stripes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page