Author Topic: Aftermarket sheet metal  (Read 4126 times)

bart612

• View Profile
Aftermarket sheet metal
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:42:34 AM »
Just currious there are many restoration catalogs out there.  and has anybody used goodmark sheet metal?  or classic industies, year one?  What companies have you had the best luck with?  Is sheet metal still available through GM restoration?

Thanks
Bret

Oregonjam

• 68 ss350
    • View Profile
Re: Aftermarket sheet metal
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »
I recommend GM when ever possble. The Goodmark ones are the only panels I have had luck with as an aftermarket although you may have to build a jig to fit the full quarters on properly. GM is definitely the best fit for all panels. I would not consider anything else if not one of those two brands.
68 07D SS350
John

redge

• redge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 04:27:17 AM »
I have install 2 full quarter Dynacorn «Gm restoration parts» and they fit really good , see the pics

Oregonjam

• 68 ss350
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 02:57:50 PM »
 Your quarters look good, however a friend tried a dynacorn on one side and it did not fit well with the rest of the GM body. It can make a big difference when replacing one of the quarters compared to both. The Dynacorn he recieved also had less definition and would have requirred more work to finish to a factory look. This is of course just 1 experience with it.
68 07D SS350
John

redge

• redge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 05:05:27 PM »
That is for sure not Gm but it is the same thickness and galvenized , a little more work but good finish