Author Topic: 68 RPO  (Read 13873 times)

rat pack

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 68 RPO
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 04:49:25 AM »
It appears to me that someone has added the Style Trim moldings as that picture from the 70's is probably how that car left the factory other than the hood. As for the window sweeps on your moldings, those are the very early repros that are chrome and did not have the little tabs stamped out to attach them to the molding. I have installed a lot of those early on with small rivets also. The molding is properly fitted to the door as it has to sit back just a little like that to clear the A-pillar drip rail when it is closed. See the notes on your picture below I have added about where the tab for the window sweep is supposed to be..............RatPack.....................

Just keep livin......L I V I N .............

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 04:18:11 PM »
Well, this is what I wanted to hear.  I actually like the belt trim as installed from the factory, but I don't like the way it fits on my car and I don't want to make it fit, so off it goes.  I had this on a 68 SS I had in high school, but it was almost new then.  The ones I have just don't fit right.  The picture of my car also shows it without the rear spoiler, so that's comming off too.  My car should actually look exactly like the one Jerry has on the back of his 67-68 Fact Book.  I like the "clean" look of it.  I thank you all very much for all your help.
68Z28

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 06:49:03 AM »
Ratpack is there any way you could ad the pictures you had on this thread.  They are gone.
68Z28

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 05:05:35 AM »
Rich or Kurt,

In the CRG, RPO, PDF under Z23 it states " see the Z23/Z87 table for more info" where is that?  I'm trying to figure out if just the bright pedal trim was available as an option or if it came with some other option.  I have the standard interior and I have the pedal trim (was probably added).  Is there anything that might tell me if it was added?  I also have the belt trim, but I think that was added too and I read somewhere that if it had the belt moldings you should have a different kind of fuzzy on the window.  I'm really looking for clues that could tell me if these things were added on or not, if possble.  Any info on what would point to some of this being original or added would be greatly appreciated.
I could be wrong but believe another key element is the trim around the dash pad that was part of that RPO or at least what I thought. Does your pad have bright trim?
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

68Zproject

• View Profile