Author Topic: 2009 Camaro Pictures  (Read 63240 times)

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Camaro Pictures
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2009, 12:31:06 AM »
I saw a new camaro driving in Toronto a couple of weeks back on my way out of the airport and I must say I was completely unimpressed. It was a black version (couldn't tell if it was a specific mdel ie: SS or otherwise) with the new age big rims and blacked out this and that and it could easily have been a new import model from Japan or a prototype CTS Caddy as mentioned - but it certainly didn't do anything for me at all as it actually looked stubbier and taller than I expected it would from the pictures I saw posted. I have a friend with a new orange Challenger that actually looks more like it should be labelled with a bowtie than this one I saw and another friend with a newer Mustang that is much more appealing - Whew it took a lot to say that!
So Gm has made 8000 or so of these so far - Wow! Will they still be in business to distribute them soon?
They missed the mark so badly in the design and very obviously with the slow timing of this (who ever heard of a new model taking 3 or so years to launch) that I doubt even if GM does stay in business, they will sell enough to cover even part of their costs involved and another camaro platform will be doomed. 
Too bad - but it only bookmarks again just how badly GM got lost in the world of model design and production...
They should give every one of those new 8000 new models kicking around to CAW types as the severance package they deserve and send them down the river for being so greedy and idiotic.
If any more manage to made before the doors close or the model folds, they should go as severance to each one cut from the associated design, marketing, and executive groups so they can sit at home unemployed and stare at it until they realize how badly they screwed up the brand and model names - IMHO - Randy

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Camaro Pictures
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2009, 01:46:53 PM »
And stuff like this item taken from MSN this morning doesn't doesn't make GM  look very credible. They certainly don't need crap like this going on when trying to launch a new model in this economic environment - one would think after all the wait and hype that they might have worked a lot of the bugs out by the time the new camaro reached the consumers!

'GM recalls 300 new Camaros due to cable problem
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
May 06, 2009
DETROIT - General Motors Corp. is recalling about 300 new Chevrolet Camaros because a battery cable could rub against the starter motor, wearing the insulation and potentially causing the car to stop running or fail to start.
The voluntary recall applies only to Camaros with V-8 engines. The company says in extreme cases the cable problem could cause a fire, but no fires have been reported.
GM spokesman Dan Flores says the company has made about 1,400 of the V-8 equipped 2010 Camaros and 300 have been sold. The unsold models will be fixed before they are delivered to customers.
Flores says GM will tow the cars to dealers and offer free loaner vehicles and oil changes.'

anything