Author Topic: Home Depot Cruise Night, Eldersburg, MD  (Read 5404 times)

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Home Depot Cruise Night, Eldersburg, MD
« on: April 26, 2009, 01:49:12 PM »
Got all of the work done on the new race car.  Drove it to Home Depot last night.  We only live about one mile from Home Depot so open headers and slicks were not a problem.  I nailed it coming into the lot and it went from 2500 rpms to about 8000 in one second.......at least it seemed that way.  New front suspenion work and Moroso coil springs will pull the front wheels very easily as it did last night.  Wife did not like this ride. 

Will try and set the NHRA national record for D/Stock in Richmond, VA next week.  Have to go better than a 10.54.  The car went 10.64 on the second outing last year.

Jerry

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
Re: Home Depot Cruise Night, Eldersburg, MD
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 02:26:50 PM »
Wife did not like this ride. 

Will try and set the NHRA national record for D/Stock in Richmond, VA next week.  Have to go better than a 10.54.  The car went 10.64 on the second outing last year.

Jerry

Jerry - Give your wife credit at least she goes out with you in it - mine won't and I don't open the headers or drive it to pull the front wheels - not that it would anyway! She thinks I act like a kid with it and it's already too loud now...
   Does D/Stock allow for any gutting of the front end hideaway light parts? I would assume that there is a weight penalty with the RS optional stuff over the normal grille and non RS setup? Just an assumption I made since I see many others like Wenzel's aren't RS models for that reason.
  Nice looking car - good luck in your quest - Post a vdeo or pictures of you efforts if you get any - Thx - Randy

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 04:04:47 PM »
You can remove the headlight motors and operate manually.  Head lights have to work.  All lights have to work properly.  Once that is done there is very little weight differnece.  I have to weigh 3105 in D and 3260 in E/Stock.  Car right at 3105 without any ballast.

Jerry

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 04:04:50 PM »
I have never drag raced, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. When the car is weighed, does it include the weight of the driver? Or does a lighter person have a weight advantage?

Jimmy V.
Jimmy V.

duntov3030

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 11:26:35 AM »

Jerry,

Wife doesn't like wheelies huh?   :D  Good luck w/the record.  I'm sure the wheelie machine has another tenth + in her.
Butch

'67 Z/28 RS Tuxedo Black

anything