CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2014, 11:23:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
102432 Posts in 12087 Topics by 4667 Members
Latest Member: hrascoll
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Mild Modifications
| | |-+  1969 Camaro fuel door conversion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1969 Camaro fuel door conversion  (Read 1748 times)
sdkar

View Profile Email
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:27:08 AM »

I am interested in converting my 69 Camaro to put the fuel door in the tail panel like the 67-68.  Has anyone done this?  Is it just a matter of installing the components from a 67-68?  I would ultimately like to install the fuel door on the tail panel and use a brushed billet aluminum fuel door with the rivets/bolts around the perimeter. 
rat pack
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 01:10:08 PM »

I have seen this done before and it is not an easy conversion. Trying to use 67/8 parts requires extensive sheetmetal modification to the tailpanel and center trunk floor areas they are different between the 67/8 & 69 models. You could mount a flip top lid from a Challenger or Charger to the tailpanel and then fabricate a fuel filler neck/hose to connect to the gas tank, but still there is going to be some fabrication and sheetmetal work involved...................RatPack........

Just keep livin......L I V I N .............
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: