Author Topic: '69 Axle Snubber Bracket  (Read 6604 times)

Jim Craig

• View Profile
'69 Axle Snubber Bracket
« on: April 17, 2009, 06:05:27 PM »
Sorry, no pictures (yet) but I've got a bracket that appears to be a "axle snubber base" (no rubber in it now) bolted to the outside rear rail on the driver side.  any ideas

KevinW

• View Profile
Re: '69 Axle Snubber Bracket
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 10:46:23 AM »
Jim, not sure about an axle snubber, but there is a bolt on version of the pinion snubber. http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120604&highlight=pinion+snubber

Jim Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 05:01:06 PM »
Kevin -- thanks for reply and the thread.  The first picture in the thread shows a shot from the rear showing the snubber on the driver side outside rail.  I guess it must be common, mine just doesn't have the actual snubber.  So I guess the all Camaro's have both pinion & axles snubbers.   Does anybody know where that driver's side snubber can be obtained from?  Thanks

Dave69x33

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 02:02:17 AM »
Here are some pic's of an outer axle bumper and the center axle bumper.

Question about the center axle snubber - some were push in, other were bolt in.  What was the date code when the switch was made between them?

My Car is an O5A car with the push in style.  It has the holes in the mouting bracket for the screw-in style but there are no signs that screw were ever installed in these holes. The snubber on my car appears to be original but I can not confirm this.

Thanks!

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 02:44:01 PM »
The axle jounce bumpers and brackets are shown in the A.I.M. in UPC 4, sheet B3, items 14 & 15.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Jim Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 05:06:25 PM »
Thanks to all -- John, the listing I take it is out of an assembly manual?  and I guess there was one snubber on each side?  Since I'm very new to this "resto" stuff (even though I've had the car since '79 and just got the urge to "bring it back") -- where might I find the appropriate literature to complete this correctly.  Is there "one" go to book to cover the '69's (RS/SS)?

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 04:57:38 PM »
Thanks to all -- John, the listing I take it is out of an assembly manual?  and I guess there was one snubber on each side?  Since I'm very new to this "resto" stuff (even though I've had the car since '79 and just got the urge to "bring it back") -- where might I find the appropriate literature to complete this correctly.  Is there "one" go to book to cover the '69's (RS/SS)?

The essentials are the '69 Assembly Manual and the '69 Chassis Service Manual; both are available from all the usual parts houses (Rick's, D&R, NPD, etc.). Jerry MacNeish's '69 Z/28 - SS396 book is also a useful tool, even if you have an SS350 (www.z28camaro.com).
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Jim Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 04:57:29 PM »
John -- thanks for the info, I'll gather those up.  Oh, it is a RS/SS 396.  Thanks again.

anything