Author Topic: 09 CHARLOTTE AUTOFAIR - 254 PHOTOS  (Read 3915 times)

PANTHER-BUFF

• View Profile
09 CHARLOTTE AUTOFAIR - 254 PHOTOS
« on: April 06, 2009, 01:05:07 PM »
Just thought some of you may be interested in some shots from the AutoFair.  There are several photos of some Camaros that were for sale.  I tryed to take a photo of the price when one was posted - it usually is the slide after or prior. There is also many photos of Rat Rods, grocery getters', street rods, customs, low riders, etc.  Most were for sale, but some were in the car show.

Follow the link and you can left click on the photo to enlarge, you can also left click a second time (on photo)  and hit full screen and see a larger photo.  You can also view as a slide show.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/570845663NRXuhS

I thought the AutoFair was OK.  I believe it is following the trend of other swap meets - new vendors.  I didn't see near as much used Camaro or NOS parts as I had seen in previous years.  The amount of Camaros in the Car Corral and swap meet was also down.  Not sure what this means, but the prices are still up.  With that being said - I'm not sure any were sold, maybe displayed!  The quality of Camaros were not as good in my opinion.  A lot of remakes and strong drivers- local show cars - priced like #1 cars.  I'm not sure if I'm out of touch or they were.  It was a topic of conversation by many.

I didn't find anything - but still had a great time.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:18:32 PM by PANTHER-BUFF »
Danny

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: 09 CHARLOTTE AUTOFAIR - 254 PHOTOS
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 09:07:45 PM »
Danny,

I talked with dozens of people looking for original parts and they said the same thing.  That was a big point of conversation at the AACA meet and banquet on Saturday.  I fear we are into the same pattern that Pre-War car owners experienced several years ago.
There were several well restored Camaros in the Saturday AACA show.
I know many of the dealers and individual sellers in the car corral do "inflate" their prices at Autofair.  Usually, by Saturday afternoon the prices get more reasonable --time to go home and better to make a sale than drive it home.  But that's been my experience in several places for years.  Did you notice how the dealers were from all over the place.  I talked with two at lunch on Friday, one from south Alabama and one from upstate New York, and both were looking for buyers.  But both had outrageous prices on their cars. 
Interestingly enough, the HNR treasurer told me that the club sold a record number of vendor spaces.  The infield (blue and orange) were sold out and the outside fields (green and red) were close to sell out.  Also, the speedway at least tied their record for Saturday attendance for Autofair (won't know if it is a record for a few weeks).  I'm hoping that speaks well for our hobby.
You are right about new vendors.  There were a bunch of them and practically nothing original.  I worry about what that means for the future.  I'm seriously thinking about buying a parts car.
BTW, thanks for sharing the pictures.  ;D
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

PANTHER-BUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 10:33:40 PM »
Phillip - Thanks for your feedback.   It was a good time - good food - good beer - good people and a lot of schweet rides.  I've been attending on/off for 20+ years and it has changed sometimes from year to year but I've always enjoyed it. My friend sold some A-model and 41 Ford parts and I saw alot of people carrying parts. HNR does a great job with the event!!!!!   ;D
Danny

RS3SDL2MG

• Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »
I have noticed a change in our hoby over the past few year's as with part's the good used and NOS stuff just isn't out there , I hate it is that way but think about my 67 camaro was build oct 66 so it is now 43 YEARS OLD !

I liked it in the 80's where you could find muncie 4spd's at flea market's  ;D

like I say I hate it but I am glad all the rpop part's exist so we can keep working on these car's

the only funny thing to me is the guy's that alway's say ,,,,,,I'm NOT PUTTING REPO PART's ON MY CAR !  AHHEMM YES YOU ARE  !
1967 RS 327 (210) horse C-C ermine white 732 bright blue interior RARE 4P - DELETE

PANTHER-BUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 05:23:07 PM »
I agree with you. I also believe that EBAY has played some part in this also. It's pretty easy to sell on EBAY and I've seen some wild prices at times.  I think that some people find it easier to sell from the lazy boy - the overhead is lower, beer is always cold, and the urinal is cooler.
Danny

anything