Author Topic: Radius Rod Effectiveness  (Read 3397 times)

Sauron327

• View Profile
Radius Rod Effectiveness
« on: April 19, 2009, 02:06:21 PM »
Is a 67 radius rod effective enough to warrant it's addition? I have come across one and would prefer it to traction bars. I have multis only now.

qwertyme77

• View Profile
Re: Radius Rod Effectiveness
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »
do you have a '67? The traction bar was supposed to prevent wheel hop because both shocks were on the same side of the axle. In '68 and beyond they went to staggered shocks, one in front and one behind the axle. Since you have multi springs, that suggests that you have a '68 or 69. Can't tell from your photo. I believe the 'bird had a dual bar setup but i don't know that much about it. maybe someone else will speak up on that subject.

in any case, i can't believe that the '67 bar would be better than a regular traction "slapper" bar setup as i've seen them on all first gen cars, however i've never used them. I'm far too old to worry about too much hp.

Sauron327

• View Profile
Re: Radius Rod Effectiveness
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 11:41:01 PM »
I'm aware of the suspension data on my 67. My multis were added. I've romped on the car very seldomly in the past 25 years I've owned the car. But when I do the hop is annoying and a stock radius rod would please me more than traditional slappers. If of course it works well enough to justify it's installation. If not, the latter will have to suffice. Thanks.