Author Topic: Brake Problems - help needed  (Read 5056 times)

abozny

• 1967 SS 350 4-Speed
    • View Profile
Brake Problems - help needed
« on: April 07, 2009, 07:03:42 PM »
Hi, I have a 1967 Camaro with stock non-power front discs / rear drums. I have been very busy the past few years and the car has sat in the garage and not been driven for longer periods of time, upto 6mos. between driving it. Due to sitting around, the brakes have problems. When I drive it, the right rear and only the right rear drum locks up. After cooling down the brake "releases" over time and then I can drive the car again, but then after they heat up, the right rear drum locks again. So, I took about both sides and cleaned all the parts. All the parts appear to be in good working condition, so I replaced both the left and right wheel cylinders and bled the brakes. Unfortunately, that had no effect and the the right rear drum still locks up. I have no clue why it is only the one side and not the other as well. What could be the problem? Thanks, Allen.

fireZ

• View Profile
Re: Brake Problems - help needed
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 08:15:07 PM »
I can imagine you have checked but did you happen to look to see if that wheel has a emerg. brake cable holding the brake shoes in so when you push the brakes that side is already in contact with the drums. Maybe not totally releasing when the pedal is released.Just a idea. ???
1968 Z28 LA Built
LIC # RPO Z28

abozny

• 1967 SS 350 4-Speed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 05:59:51 AM »
HI, thanks for the reply. I checked the emergency brake cable and everything seems to be ok there. - Allen.

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 11:14:49 PM »
have you checked the metal brake line along the axle? I just found one of mine is clogged with sludge and it was replaced a few years ago.

anything