CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 07:53:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97496 Posts in 11718 Topics by 4581 Members
Latest Member: Cooper48
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  1967 Front bumper guard layout
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1967 Front bumper guard layout  (Read 1502 times)
RJ_RS_SS_350

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2006, 07:18:02 PM »

Looking at the assembly manual, option V32 (rear bumper guard) gives what seems to be a good layout.  But option V31 (front guard) only gives one dimension, 3.50 down from opening in valance.  It does not give a dimension over from centerline of valance panel.  I'm guessing that these holes are not pre-drilled, so these dimensions would be required to do an accurate resto.  I am actually a long(long, long) Undecided way from needing this info, but I noticed the seeming shortcoming in the manual, so I thought I would get the question out there.  Thanks       Or are the holes indeed predrilled?
Ed Bertrand
CRG Member

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:37:54 AM »

I don't believe there was an actual "standard" since I've seen too many original cars with varying locations of front bumper guards! (Minor, but different... Usually no more than an inch or two off.)

Since the line workers had to drill the holes manually, they probably just eyeballed it. But, to answer your question on location, my car (a 68 RS/SS) has it's front bumper bolts mounted 10" from the centerline of the car outward. In other words, measure 10" out from the centerline of the front valence and drill the hole.

I also believe 67's are the same as 68's, but if I'm wrong, someone will correct me...

Ed

Ed Bertrand
CRG Member
deejaygee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 11:26:48 AM »

If you can get your hands on an NOS set of bumper guards for the front of your 67, it comes with a handy dandy template to help you line up your holes for drilling. When I did mine, I ended up "calling a friend" to provide dimensions off an original car.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: