Author Topic: 69 Trunk Divider  (Read 5366 times)

69z28302

• View Profile
69 Trunk Divider
« on: March 24, 2009, 01:33:25 AM »
OK , my 69 Z/28 came with a trunk divider that had no pad. The one I bought has pad and I've nearly destroyed it trying to put it in. It's like the seat hooks do not line up and were stamped wrong. I'm am pretty sure the black board part face's the trunk.  ??? Can someone let me know how it should go?

Now I find that Heartbeat City sells the correct one without the pad that my X77 car came with.

Thanks CRG

Mike

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 69 Trunk Divider
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »
On my original X33 car (with the Z87 deluxe interior), the divider facing the trunk is black; don't know what's on the front side, as the rear seat back has never been removed, and I don't know if the deluxe interior divider was different than the standard divider.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

69z28302

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 11:10:01 PM »
Just talked with the supplier today and they said the insulation side went to the back towards the trunk. I've never seen this before. My car came without the insulation and had the black facing the trunk like yours John. My car has a 2D build date.

Sounds like I need to get the divder WithOut the insulation.

Thanks as always John

Mike

BillG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 12:45:28 AM »
The GM factory trunk divider had no jute padding on either side.
Bill Garrett

rat pack

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 06:47:35 AM »
Bill is correct. The repro trunk divider is not made of the same material as the original thus they add the jute padding to the back or "seat side" of the board. Awhile back there were some put out with the padding put on the wrong side thus causing the problem Mike was/is having above. I have a couple here that are like that and the manufacturer (I think iit is R.E.M.) sent me two new ones with the padding on the correct side. Though it is not correct the padding actually adds some sound deadening behind the seat, and it is not seen once installed. From the trunk side it appears correct............RatPack..........
Just keep livin......L I V I N .............

69z28302

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 12:58:37 PM »
That's who (REM) manufactured this one . I'm taking it back today. Thanks for the info RatPack

Mike