Author Topic: barrett jackson las vegas Z-28  (Read 216635 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Re: barrett jackson las vegas Z-28
« Reply #225 on: December 05, 2008, 12:30:21 AM »
Here's the long and short of it.  If you are in the business of selling classic and collector cars and you sell a car that you represent as "numbers matching engine" and it has been restamped, whether your restamped it or it was like that when you got it, and the end buyer can get an "expert" to say that the engine was a restamp, you CAN be hailed into court under a civil action.  It does not matter if the seller is in one state and the buyer is in another.  Now ultimately, the plaintiff may win and he may not, it all depends on the judge and/or jury and the particulars of the law in the jurisdiciton and how convincing a lawyer is, and how the judge feels that day, and the alignment of the planets, etc and so forth.  But, if the buyer and his/her lawyer is motivated, than a lawsuit will be initiated.  THIS IS FACT.  In the end, regardless of who prevails, parties are going to pay legal fees and the lawyers on both sides win.  It's how the system is setup.   

Classic Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2009, 06:37:26 AM »
so is there any new news?
or is that a lump under the rug I see ?
opinions are like wallets, some just aren't worth stealin'.

cancam69

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 14, 2009, 10:20:52 PM »
All I can say is wow! I'm Glad Canada has the GM Vintage service (although not a gaurantee...I know)....Just look at all the "Camaro" Forums....every member has an SS, RS, Z/28 etc etc....where did all the Coupes go? Too funny....I see more Z's and SS's today than I did 35 years ago...where did they all come from? Hmmmm. Keep up the Good Fight CRG.

PANTHER-BUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2009, 06:53:24 PM »
I need a beer after all this. Intense!
Danny

crobjones2

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 19, 2009, 12:32:53 AM »
All I can say is wow! I'm Glad Canada has the GM Vintage service (although not a gaurantee...I know)....Just look at all the "Camaro" Forums....every member has an SS, RS, Z/28 etc etc....where did all the Coupes go? Too funny....I see more Z's and SS's today than I did 35 years ago...where did they all come from? Hmmmm. Keep up the Good Fight CRG.

I agree
It kinda dilutes the specialness for those that can document the originality of the vehicle. Though I would guess that most of the coupes have become modified while most Z28's, SS's and RS's are being kept closer to their original state.

I do know where a coupe is - it is across the street. The gentleman that owns it is planning on building it up big.
Chris
69 SS 350

Classic Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 22, 2009, 09:55:25 PM »
no new news, i guess all the "black helicopters" flying overhead are for someone else !!
opinions are like wallets, some just aren't worth stealin'.

anything