Author Topic: 68 Camaro glass  (Read 4110 times)

68Zproject

• View Profile
68 Camaro glass
« on: May 18, 2009, 04:22:46 AM »
I remember a thread, but can't find it, about what was available on the Camaros as far as tinted and non-tinted.  Could you have a tinted windshield and non-tinted glass on the rest of the car?  Or would all glass either be tinted or non-tinted?  How about the sunshade on the windshield, could you get that with non-tinted glass?  Thanks.
68Z28

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 68 Camaro glass
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 04:32:46 PM »
A02 was tinted windshield only, and A01 was all glass tinted; the shade band across the top of the windshield was only on the tinted version.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:22:18 PM »
I would assume you could not have, say, the two front door windows and windshield tinted, without all the other glass being tinted?
A02 was tinted windshield only, and A01 was all glass tinted; the shade band across the top of the windshield was only on the tinted version.
There wouldn't be any way to know if you had the tinted windshield only unless you had documentation or all the original glass right?  I have what appears to be original back glass and quarter windows (untinted), dated and marked correctly and definately 41 years old appearing.  The drivers side door window has all the right dates also, but is tinted.  The passenger side door window is PPG, marked DOT 16 and has a 1969 date and can't be original.  The windshield is a newer replacement of some sort.  I'm looking to get repro dated glass and am pretty sure I need to replace both side door windows, but am unsure about what to put in the windshield re: tinted vs. tinted.
68Z28

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 03:07:24 PM »
If the quarter windows and backlite are non-tinted and appear to be original, then the car was built originally with either NO tinted glass at all or it could have had only a tinted windshield. They only came three ways:

All clear non-tinted glass.

Tinted windshield only (A02)

All glass tinted (A01)
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 06:33:23 PM »
Thank you.
68Z28