Author Topic: Im Looking for this motor! ...  (Read 5157 times)

Reederv

• View Profile
Im Looking for this motor! ...
« on: February 14, 2009, 05:31:04 PM »
Hey guys, I have a 68 -z but the mo motor is missing. here's what i'm looking for.8n477480.  Thanks  Iwill keep looking!!

Da67Kid

• View Profile
Re: I'm Looking for this motor! ...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 05:44:34 PM »
My cousin has a 68 was a  6 cylinder he put an MO 68 302 in it I will see if he still has it and what the Numbers are.

Reederv

• View Profile
Re: Im Looking for this motor! ...
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 05:54:04 PM »
Ok ! thanks

Da67Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 03:27:43 AM »
He just got back to me with this in for Not so good . he said the block had been decked about5 years ago so no numbers on the pad. the onlt numbers he can get to at this time (motor is in a 68 ) are as follows  5 GM  3959512 best i can do for now he is going to look for any numbers buy oil filter and up the back of the motor. Here is the story He bought this long block from a guy who used to race in the trans am racing he had two old chiken coopes full of 302 z motors I was there and saw all the motors back in 1985 the gentealmen was in NJ near Ft.dicks If anyone  ever herd of this guy  I did not no his name myself. It iwas a long block with the heads but had an after market intake. he is also looking for the head numbers  in the next day or so. Also the rear in my car was from a 68 z28 I will have to look up the numbers for you .

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 10:55:51 AM »
I'm not far from Fort Dix, but have no knowledge of this person.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

Da67Kid

• View Profile
Re: I'm Looking for this motor! ...
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 10:24:58 PM »
He was an old man when he passed he had some illness I forget what it was he was an africanAmerican gentlemen
I just got off phone with my other cousin Jim he told me his name was Mr Harris and lived across from where they do all the training tanks war game stuff and it was near a junk yard also. i think it was Range road This was back in 86 85 . he had a Barn that would hold about 15 cars. He was in to 442s but had a 67z and a 69 z the motor that I was referring to was from the 67z and was all forged aluminum pistons  steel crank all internal balanced This is motor that is in my cousin toms 68 camaro for the last 10 years.The one that was decked and has no numbers on the end of the block so sorry it was a67z motor.Also he was a drag racer NOT a trans Am racer again i was wrong sorry.

Reederv

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 11:31:06 PM »
Thats ok! Trying to find the motor that came out of my car is nearly impossible.
The motor I have, came from a 69. for right now the DZ will have to do. I have ran into some people who claim to have an MO motor, When I ask, what are you going to do with it? They don't know!  By the way Carolina Machine Engine, Balanced and blue printed my eng. This 302 Run Great!! Talk at ya later

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 02:19:36 AM »
I would love to look him up, if you have more info. My daughter goes to school on the navy side of the base - Lakehurst. School is actually in the hanger they used to use for the Hindenburg. Wonder how many cars could fit in there.... The hanger is so big, that in the summer sometimes it even rains inside the hanger.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o