Author Topic: winter projects  (Read 13931 times)

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
winter projects
« on: February 08, 2009, 06:04:10 PM »
Anyone got any special project going on this winter regarding their car? Seems like we are always doing something but what about that special one? new paint,brakes,upholstering??

dab67

Da67Kid

• View Profile
Re: winter projects
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:26:10 PM »
I am changing out some of my Glass for glass with less scratches in it and my vent window chrome. this weekend I did the pass door window and I now have a nice window on that door BUT I put a Big scratch in my door paint its ugly! new project fix paint Does it ever end No then we would be board ;D  I am also changing out my trunk lid and wing have a little rust issue with the trunk lid and the wing was cracking or something from the inside out ?? My ride was painted in 1990 so its like a tuneup to the paint . What is everyone else doing??

paulsstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 02:21:32 AM »
 I bought a '68 base coupe May of 2008 and put 1500 miles on it in the summer. It's a plain jane 250 c.i. powerglide. Putting in a 350-300hp, TH-350, power steering, detailing the chassis, and then fresh body and paint in April for the summer cruising ahead. Plan to rebuild the original 250 and PG and save in case I ever want to put back to original. Cheers.

RS3SDL2MG

• Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:32:27 AM »
I have focused on interior upgrade's ,
#1 bought an original walnut 67 camaro wheel / hub / horn contact / screws / horn button ,
#2 redyed all my seatbelt's put in new retractor's / still need new fisher coach emblem's
#3 ordered new gas brake & e brake pedal pad's & chrome only to recieve a plastic gas pedal / went to swapmeet and found an NOS metal gas pedal
#4 ordered new door lock knob's (SIMPLE RIGHT?) came in and yep PLASTIC AGAIN ! currently searching for a cherry set of metal chrome 67 door lock knob's

I get a little agravated , I have a 1967 RS deluxe camaro and a 1967 short C10 and all the part's that are for sale all over the world are listed as

it is kind of fun sifting thru the 68 up stuff trying to filter out 67 part's ! it's a challenge

fit's 1967 1968 1969 camaro !           WRONG ! 67 stuff is different
fit's 1967 to 1972 chevy truck !        WRONG AGAIN ! 67 stuff is different

1967 RS 327 (210) horse C-C ermine white 732 bright blue interior RARE 4P - DELETE

RS3SDL2MG

• Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 01:34:28 AM »
oh yea and don't mind the rusted seat bumper in that pic ! I have since installed a nice new set !!
1967 RS 327 (210) horse C-C ermine white 732 bright blue interior RARE 4P - DELETE

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 01:35:42 AM »
Hi Dave,

We have completely stripped the paint and done some minor body work on my 68.  It's going into the paint booth soon.  It's staying yellow with the black vinyl top.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

PURESS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »
Thank you to all for doing your part to keep this economy rolling...Hey a new stimulus plan? 8) ;D

jmcbeth

• 1st and 5th Gen Camaros
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 04:01:21 PM »
I am also looking forward to the Camaro restoration bailout. Think of the jobs it would create!

My project list is long thanks to the Legends judges at Nationals. So far, the biggest project has been replacing all the perfectly good glass with correct, date coded glass. But that's only one of many, many items. Some others on the list include: replacing ball joints with riveted ones, removing paint from coil springs and drive shaft, yellow zinc plating the parking lamp housings, etc., etc., etc. Great fun, but lots and lots of work. I had no idea that this work would take so much time! I can't tell you how many times I have found a restoration part advertised as "correct" is not. Thank God I have this forum (and people like Jerry) for help.
John
1969 Camaro Z/28 RS
Numbers Matching

sd1968z28

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »
since most of you guys work on your own stuff it would create almost zero job growth.  but the bailout plan will produce barly more than that i am afraid.

RS3SDL2MG

• Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 10:01:28 PM »
I can fix my own camaro , but i still need part's bailout money !

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »
Phil:
Great to hear from you!!! Always have been a fan of the butternut with black vinyl, first car we looked at was a 67 in that color scheme. I am going to have my vinyl redyed original Fawn beige. I sent a swatch of the color and orginal vinyl to a company in Canada. They are matching it. The body shop that did my hood is going to do the work. They do it all the time!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep you posted when it is done.

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 11:00:06 PM »
Brad:

Nice job!!!!!! Looks Awesome

And for the rest of you,,,,,,, stimulus package!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

My stimulus package comes from my wife when she gives her blessing on letting me spend money to fix the car!!!!!!!! And any guy who is married tells you different should have ran for office!!!!!

;D

BILL69

• 69 Conv. auto/ ac/ ps/ pb/ pt LA built
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 06:04:44 PM »
My 69 Convertible needed a top replacement due to damage by a mouse (now dead) and a windshield replacement.   After removing the windshield and upper moldings from the frame I decided to also get some weatherstripping..  well now the car is at a good friends body shop completly stripped down and getting new Daytona Yellow with black header panel stripe.   The bumpers will be rechromed, 2 wheel well moldings replaced,  trunk splatter job,  and a few more items I am sure.   The complete drive train was redone 2 years ago,  so I guess I will be happy another few years.
Be American   Buy American

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 01:27:04 PM »
Phil:
Great to hear from you!!! Always have been a fan of the butternut with black vinyl, first car we looked at was a 67 in that color scheme. I am going to have my vinyl redyed original Fawn beige. I sent a swatch of the color and orginal vinyl to a company in Canada. They are matching it. The body shop that did my hood is going to do the work. They do it all the time!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep you posted when it is done.

Glad you found someone who can match fawn beige!  It's worth knowing this is done.  I'm interested in the process.  Please do keep us posted...
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

Da67Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 05:33:04 PM »
[color=My stimulus package comes from my wife when she gives her blessing on letting me spend money to fix the car!!!!!!!! And any guy who is married tells you different should have ran for office!!!!!blue][/color]
 LOL!! I feel Ya Bro.