Author Topic: Chevrolet Vacation Dates for the Holidays  (Read 4385 times)

dannystarr

• View Profile
Chevrolet Vacation Dates for the Holidays
« on: February 05, 2009, 01:23:43 AM »
Hey Guys and Gals, anybody know how many actual days Chevrolet assembly lines shut down for the holidays in 67', 68', 69'. Or did they even shut down at all? I was told many years ago that they took vacations for Thanksgiving, and X-mas. But nobody could say how many actual WORK days were taken. Did they just take the average Thursday-Friday and the weekend. And then back on the Following Monday?. And was it different at each plant I.E. NOR or LOS.........Thanx.... Danny

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chevrolet Vacation Dates for the Holidays
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 03:22:43 PM »
They had Christmas Day and New Year's Day off. The long shutdown from Christmas through New Year's Day didn't start until sometime in the 70's.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 03:47:15 PM »
Hey thanx very much. Do ya think they had Thanksgiving... And do we know if they had JUST those days. Then back to work on Friday??....Danny

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 04:38:24 PM »
In those days we all went back to work on Friday after Thanksgiving. That was also before they came up with moving some holidays to Monday for long weekends.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 12:10:46 AM »
Thanx very much. That's when men were men I guess. .........Danny

tim69camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 02:20:37 AM »
My heads were cast on November 29, 1968 and my engine was assembled on November 30, 1968. That was the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. Just look at the production numbers in late 1968 at Norwood and it appears they were working a lot of overtime and if they had off for holidays they made it up on weekends or some other time. If I were building anything on 1st gen Camaros I would have been motivated too  ;D.
Tim Bailey

anything