Author Topic: Revisiting past topic (clutch assy)  (Read 3623 times)

detfox

• View Profile
Revisiting past topic (clutch assy)
« on: February 10, 2009, 03:42:47 PM »
After reading the suggestions on clutch replacement I purchased the Center Force II, but haven’t installed it yet.  I was recently told that it will have a heavy pedal and that an original style replacement would be better.  I don’t drive the car a lot, but when I do I will occasionally get some rubber and go through the gears.  I realize on the other thread some have said the pedal pressure with the CF II is fine, but I was wondering if in comparison will there will be a difference in the stiffness.  I’m not sure what the previous owner had put in my car but it has a pretty heavy pedal now.

Also, I know that MacNeish says the bell housing is painted orange, but why did the vette bell housings remain natural color with orange overspray (according to the NCRS). Just curious.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Revisiting past topic (clutch assy)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 05:00:34 PM »
The CFII pedal pressure won't be any more than the original stock clutch - I've used several of them in Corvettes. Orange paint coverage/overspray on the bellhousing varied widely, depending on what day it was, which engine plant, which operator, etc. - they went through the spray booth at 300 per hour; I've seen everything from an inch or so of overspray to full coverage on original bellhousings.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

anything