Author Topic: Deluxe Interior No Gauges or console  (Read 6914 times)

Hot Rod Todd

• View Profile
Deluxe Interior No Gauges or console
« on: January 27, 2009, 07:00:52 PM »
Is it weird to have this combo? It seems strange that someone would order deluxe interior and then not get any gauges or console. Mine seems to be originally configured this way. Can anyone post what a no console looks like? I Mostly all I see is console cars and I wanted to see the interior on a non console car. Anyone?

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Interior No Gauges or console
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »
A non-console car just has the normal carpeted trans tunnel hump; if it's a 4-speed, it has a rubber boot with a chrome ring where the lever goes through the floor.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

RS3SDL2MG

• Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:16:42 PM »
GM did a lot of option mixing , I used to get in an argument every weekend at a cruz in or car show with my 67 , it is a 327 210 horsepower with a two barrell carb but it has a console with gauge's and factory installed tach , people would argue up and down that because it was a two barrell it COULD NOT have a factory tach , well after more info surfaced come to find out my tach redlines at 5K which is only correct for one engine A 327 210 HORSEPOWER ! I had a 69 chevelle that came from the factory with a 396 375 and a muncie 3 speed ! found the build sheet under the carpet it was coded MC1 muncie 3 speed ! so to have a camaro with a deluxe interior and no console would have been a normal thing ,,
1967 RS 327 (210) horse C-C ermine white 732 bright blue interior RARE 4P - DELETE

Hot Rod Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:48:31 PM »
I guess that is the beauty of the muscle car days. You could order as much or little as you wanted on your car. With a few exceptions such as the limits of the Z/28 pachage. All 4-speeds, no A/C etc... I wonder if you could order a Fathom blue car with red interior, that would look weird for sure.

RS3SDL2MG

• Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 11:37:14 PM »
I saw a deepwater blue 1967 camaro RS with a red interior and we looked it up with the cowl tag number's and it was correct , GM did a lot of stuff ,
1967 RS 327 (210) horse C-C ermine white 732 bright blue interior RARE 4P - DELETE

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 11:45:41 PM »
I have an original 69 Camaro Pace Car.  It has the 350/300 engine.  As would be expected, it has a deluxe interior, but it does not have the gauge package or even a console.  It is a column shift non console car.  Also, this car came with a powerglide and a 10 bolt rear (on an SS).  At car shows, I have been told my car is not a real Pace Car or a real SS for that matter because of these options (or lack of).  Of course, this is by the uninformed and naive.  I know what it is. 

Hot Rod Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 12:22:22 AM »
That is pretty unique. I once had a 1970 Camaro RS that had column shift and no console. It was only a 350 2bbl. but it looked strange with the column shift. I like the non console look where the carpet can be see on the tunnel and around the 4-speed shifter.

I have an original 69 Camaro Pace Car.  It has the 350/300 engine.  As would be expected, it has a deluxe interior, but it does not have the gauge package or even a console.  It is a column shift non console car.  Also, this car came with a powerglide and a 10 bolt rear (on an SS).  At car shows, I have been told my car is not a real Pace Car or a real SS for that matter because of these options (or lack of).  Of course, this is by the uninformed and naive.  I know what it is. 

Stingr69

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 05:57:57 PM »
Yours isn't odd at all.  :)

I have an odd one. Originaly Rally Green with Medium Green deluxe interior (Light Green, not Dark Green) without gauges and without a console.

I have added the guages and console now and the car has been redone (like so many others) in more popular colors. Partly due to long gone unobtainium light green interior parts and partly due to current owner preferences.  ;)

-Mark.

sixt9x33rs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 12:35:25 AM »
That is pretty unique. I once had a 1970 Camaro RS that had column shift and no console. It was only a 350 2bbl. but it looked strange with the column shift. I like the non console look where the carpet can be see on the tunnel and around the 4-speed shifter.

I have a buddy that has a 70 Camaro column shift with hounds tooth interior. The car has its original motor and transmission. 350 Turbo transmission.
'69 RS Z/28 65B, 711 Flat hood no spoiler, endura, 4:10 43K miles
69 X77 Z/28 69 69 711 Original Paint Unrestored (Sold)
'69 X66 Convertible 69B 712 auto, (Sold) 44K miles

sixt9x33rs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 12:39:21 AM »
GM did a lot of option mixing , I used to get in an argument every weekend at a cruz in or car show with my 67 , it is a 327 210 horsepower with a two barrell carb but it has a console with gauge's and factory installed tach , people would argue up and down that because it was a two barrell it COULD NOT have a factory tach , well after more info surfaced come to find out my tach redlines at 5K which is only correct for one engine A 327 210 HORSEPOWER ! I had a 69 chevelle that came from the factory with a 396 375 and a muncie 3 speed ! found the build sheet under the carpet it was coded MC1 muncie 3 speed ! so to have a camaro with a deluxe interior and no console would have been a normal thing ,,
In high school I had a 68 327/210 hp powerglide, column shift, A/C, PS, PB, wheel covers, black vinyl top, blue with bright blue interior and a BENCH seat. I wish I had that car today. Just very different. It had 64,000 miles when we picked it up from the original owner. Paid $1,200 for it in 1979.
'69 RS Z/28 65B, 711 Flat hood no spoiler, endura, 4:10 43K miles
69 X77 Z/28 69 69 711 Original Paint Unrestored (Sold)
'69 X66 Convertible 69B 712 auto, (Sold) 44K miles