Author Topic: Coupe weatherstrip channels  (Read 4134 times)

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
Coupe weatherstrip channels
« on: April 15, 2007, 04:09:42 PM »
Getting ready to install the weatherstrip channels to the roof.  I'm currious what any of you might have used for the gasket material between the roof and the chrome.  I  can't find the stuff that's correct or just have not looked for the stuff in the right place.  It looked as though it might originally have been a foam type gasket that was sticky on the chrome side with a cellophane type surface that was up against the roof.
I was going to use 1" wide 3M body molding tape but thought I'd ask first.  The stuff has a very agressive stick to it!  One mistake mounting and it could cost a molding trying to get it off.
Thanks, Joe
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe

sd1968z28

• View Profile
Re: Coupe weatherstrip channels
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 09:22:01 PM »
i would use the 3/4 inch, i believe it will fit better in the chanell it the moulding original stuff was barley 1/2 wide.

CVKUEBER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 10:43:41 PM »
Has anyone come up with the correct foam-adhesive material for the door weatherstrip roof channels. I will be doing this soon. Thanks.
GM parts-tech. Polar Chevrolet White Bear Lake, Mn

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 10:49:52 PM »
I used the 3M double sided moulding tape.  I think it was the 1/2" stuff.  It worked well.  Start your screws into the roof before you push it in place though...STICKS REAL WELL!
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe