Author Topic: Rear side panels for a 69 - deluxe versus standard?  (Read 4822 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Rear side panels for a 69 - deluxe versus standard?
« on: January 17, 2009, 11:25:28 PM »
Hey guys,

If I have a coupe with a standard interior, than I believe that the rear side panels do not have an armrest and the rear seat is longer.  However, if it is a deluxe interior, than there is an armrest (like there would be in a convertible).  Am I right?  What is the proper configuration?  I want to convert a standard rear seat and recover it with the deluxe covers.  Do I need the armrests. 

Thanks,

Steve

sdkar

• View Profile
Re: Rear side panels for a 69 - deluxe versus standard?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 11:38:18 PM »
I have seen deluxe interiors both with and without armrests in the 69 Camaro coupe.  What is correct?

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 05:21:02 PM »
I have seen deluxe interiors both with and without armrests in the 69 Camaro coupe.  What is correct?

All '69 coupe non-folding rear seat back rear quarter trim panels are flat, with no armrests, with standard or deluxe trim; don't know about coupes with folding rear seat backs.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 12:43:24 AM »
My understanding is forld down seats get armrests, and can use the same side panels as convertables. I havn't done the conversion yet, so I can't swear my info is right.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

tinman75

• 1968 ash gold rs-ss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 02:30:02 AM »
So on a 68 standard interior with a fold down rear seat, would the side panels be the same as a deluxe interior?

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 10:42:22 AM »
My understanding so far, is thet would be the same as a convertable with the same interior. Again, I have bought most of the parts, but have not even started the conversion yet. I expect to be looking at lots of Camaros at Carlisle and doing floor panels etc, before I start to worry about those details.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

anything