Author Topic: Z23 option  (Read 3652 times)

johnturner

• View Profile
Z23 option
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:57:58 PM »
Hello,
Has there ever been a documented (original owner) factory original Z23 option for the 1969 Camaro Coupe that included the bright roof rail moldings? I've owned a '69 Camaro Coupe since 1972 and it has all the Z23 options: rosewood steering wheel, woodgrain dash on drivers side, pedal trim and dash assist handle. But it also has the drip rail molding and I would have bet it came that way from the factory, but I am told that is impossible! I tend to believe that there were always exceptions/errors made at the factory. I am in the process of restoring the car to factory original, and I'm debating weather or not to put the drip rail mouldings back on the car.
Thanks for your help!

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Z23 option
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 01:30:09 AM »
Two different options. The Z23 was the interior style trim group (included with the Custom interior option) that included wood-grain accents on the steering wheel and the bright pedal pads.

Z21 was the style trim option (included with the Z22 Rally Sport) that included fender striping, bright accents on simulated rear fender louvers, front and rear wheel opening moldings, black body sill, rear panel emblem and bright taillight accents. It also included the bright roof drip molding on the Coupe.

Neither have anything to do with the other and you could get one or both if you wanted.

Ed

anything