Author Topic: From Chevrolet.com, The first TV commercial for the all new '67 Camaro  (Read 7975 times)

Camaroon

• View Profile
Hey, for all the 1st Gen Camaro lovers out there, here's a link to the Chevrolet .com page where you can view the first Camaro TV commercial.....

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/thelegend/camarotv/

I apologize if this link has been posted before, but the commercial is worth viewing again and again !
I give the TV spot two thumbs up, and an 11 on a scale of one to ten.  Enjoy !

maroman

• View Profile
Re: From Chevrolet.com, The first TV commercial for the all new '67 Camaro
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 02:13:47 PM »
I'm sure it was shown on Bonanza like the other Chevrolet commercials but I don't remember it. I fell in love with the Camaro reading the HotRod articles on the first SS, Vic Edelbrock's red coupe. It took 40 years for Hot Rod to admit that ALL the data at the drag strip was a lie. The 396 engine used was actually a 427. I wonder how many cars were sold because of the lie? Thanks for the link.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

Camaroon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 06:43:11 PM »
Glad ya liked it, maroman...

I'm surprised that no one else thought the commercial was as cool as you and I do.

Maybe no one else watched it?  It does a take a little while to load, but well worth the wait.

Oh, well, here's that link again for anyone who wants to watch it, then hopefully post a comment with thoughts or memories...

Just click on the following link...   

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/thelegend/camarotv/

Enjoy ....  !!!

PURESS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 06:58:03 PM »
so 60's...but I loved it...don't remember the commerical, but do remember the first time seeing one up close...thanks for the memories

Gramps69Z

• 69 X33 D80
    • View Profile
Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire:   October 31, 2015 at 0700--Officially Retired

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 09:29:27 PM »
I'm sure it was shown on Bonanza like the other Chevrolet commercials but I don't remember it. I

Don't know if any of you recall the Bonanza commercial with the '67 Vette Coupe parked on the side of the street without any passengers in it with a very nice looking blonde wearing a very short mini skirt obviously admiring it as she crossed the street in front of it.
  GM had obviously played with the headlights so that just one flipped open and closed to wink at her - I'll always remember that one above all others. Sure wish I could find a clip of that one especially, but at 16 years old all the GM commercials were better than the actual show for me... - Randy

jk1969z28

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 05:07:32 AM »
Randy here is a clip on youtube that sounds close to what you are describing for a 1963 Vette

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbxTHXUH4VE&feature=PlayList&p=9AA16A0602B1EF97&index=22

Jerry K.

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 06:47:28 AM »
Jerry:

That looks like the one - it also looks like my memory has faded somewhat over the years as I seemed to recall the girl walking across the street in front of it - unless maybe there was another similar one made at some point later. I did seem to recall it being a '66 or '67  model and the angle of the front of the car being somewhat different and further away but maybe just my old memory playing tricks on me - hard to believe it was that long ago...
   As much as I liked Bonanza it was mainly for those commercials and especially the Corvette and the odd Chevelle 396 ones (I bought a new '68 SS 396 in early '69 and to this day wish I still had it) that I raced home on wintery Sunday nights from playing hockey at the local outdoor rink at -30 degrees, to tune in at 9:00 pm...
  Those were the days - new car announcments and model changes were big news (at least they semed like it to me) and commercials were tuned to target specific demographics of the population more so than ever before and since in my opinion.
   Thank you very much for that as well as the other interesting ones that become available using that link you provided... Randy

RS3SDL2MG

• Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 10:06:25 PM »
I had the speed channel back in 1993 and they had a show called WILD ABOUT WHEEL'S  they played a 1967 camaro commercial and it had a blue plane jane six banger and a blue RS/SS 350 and some other's , they talked about how the 1967 camaro FIT THE NEW GENERATION , I would love to have that on DVD but I have never seen it again ,,,,
1967 RS 327 (210) horse C-C ermine white 732 bright blue interior RARE 4P - DELETE

PANTHER-BUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 07:29:53 AM »
Kewl commercial - Thanks!
Danny

jbracefan1977

• View Profile
hey I love the 60's!!!! thanks for the link! haaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy.. memories.......