CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 01:46:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
102445 Posts in 12090 Topics by 4668 Members
Latest Member: Carbuff
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  What are '69 Camaro original wheel sizes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are '69 Camaro original wheel sizes  (Read 1069 times)
mz69

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 31, 2008, 09:20:10 PM »

I have a '69 SS clone with a 350ci, Turbo 350 trans, 12 bolt rear, 5 leaf springs, 14" (magnesium wheels I think) of some kind. I know that 15" wheels were an option, but what I want to know is what size exactly, such as front and rear width and offset. My wheels now obviously have too much positive offset in the rear because the tires rub on the wheel wells when I hit a bump. I want to put new wheels such as American Racing Torq Thrust, and I'd like to upgrade to 15". So what will fit inside wheel wells without rubbing? Since I'm a little new at this, do you normally have the same size on front and rear, or not?
Thanks

'69 SS
Millennium Yellow/Black
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 10:32:37 AM »

Look here for some help:

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=1713.0

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=1346.0

15" will fit fine on a 69, depends on other factors, yes, including offset as you mention and as mentioned in those posts.  (Even though you mentioned this on originality), yes, back in the day and now, those looking to put more rubber on the road (and look) ran/run larger on the back.

Post us a picture...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:41:30 AM by lakeholme » Logged

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
Planning 2016 Sentimental Tour, AACA
AACA Southeastern Division Spring Meet Chair
"Charlotte AutoFair -- presented by the Hornets Nest Region, AACA -- is the largest and greatest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast." --September 18-21, 2014
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: