Author Topic: Judging Question on Radiators.  (Read 4462 times)

Buddy

• View Profile
Judging Question on Radiators.
« on: December 17, 2008, 07:25:19 PM »
I have an Original BB 3core Harrison Radiator (IL,OM tanks and UO tag) that needs a re-core. The original radiator has 4 core tanks with only 3 cores which offsets it to the front. I took it to the shop and they ordered a new core, which is 3 core but it is centered in the tanks. Will this make a difference with a Judge or will I need a special core made ?

Thanx
Buddy

rare4k

• View Profile
Re: Judging Question on Radiators.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 05:17:42 AM »
you need to make sure they use your old upper and lower rails , they can send them out and have them put on the new core then it should line up the correct way, the newer cores that everyone has do not have the correct rails. Also I would not let them paint it tell them to give it back bare to you, take your time and paint it yourself, most radiator shops are like your every day bodyshop production only, not quaility phil

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 01:36:41 PM »
All good advise here from 4K,

JM

Buddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 04:30:27 PM »
I already told them not to paint and use the old rails. They actually are going to bead blast the rails and prime the underneath. They had actually special ordered the core with no rails but I had them reorder the core using 4 core plates with 3 cores instead of the centered core.

Thanx
Buddy

anything