Author Topic: Any opinions on repro window moldings?  (Read 3516 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Any opinions on repro window moldings?
« on: November 12, 2008, 07:04:19 PM »
Hey guys,

I am looking to get a set of front and rear window chrome moldings for my 69.  Has anyone used the repro sets they have available?  Are they any good?  Do they fit properly?  What is the finish like?  Also, I see Ricks (aka Ecklers) has a cheap repro set and a mid grade OE repro set.  Anyone know if there is a huge difference between these?  I called Ricks and they said to definitely go with the higher priced repro set...but I think they are supposed to say that anyway.  I spoke with Matt's Classic Bowties and they have stated that they have sold a bunch of the cheaper repro sets ($109 front and $129 rear) and they have had no complaints.  In fact, they have a pic of a nice Camaro on their homepage and they have stated that they used the repros on this car.  Well, in the pic, they look great.  I am ready to order them up and want to know what the opinion is of someone who has actually had to use the repro sets.

Thanks,

Steve

77thor

• View Profile
Re: Any opinions on repro window moldings?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 12:18:18 PM »
I would post this on the Team Camaro site... http://www.camaros.net/forums/
You are more likely to get an answer there.
1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build
1977 Camaro, 350(LM1), M20, 10 Bolt Posi, Purchased New, (SOLD)

sd1968z28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:47:59 PM »
they are junk!! they are so thin you can easily dent them on install and the shine is all wrong.  plus they fit like crap.  find originals and fix them up you will be way happier in the long run!

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 10:58:48 PM »
  I have more GM moldings than I will ever use.  This forum is not appropriate for further discussion. Send me a PM.