Author Topic: barrett jackson green Z28 classic gary  (Read 12633 times)

Classic Gary

• View Profile
barrett jackson green Z28 classic gary
« on: October 21, 2008, 08:11:19 PM »
I am officially RETRACTING any and ALL statements I've made concerning the 1969 Ralley Green Ralley Sport Camaro VIN # 124379N509335, recently auctioned at Barrett Jackson/Las Vegas. I am sorry any problem my statements may have caused.

Gary aka classic gary
opinions are like wallets, some just aren't worth stealin'.

TDWZ28

• View Profile
Re: barrett jackson green Z28 classic gary
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 08:29:23 PM »
Well Gary, you have stirred up a whole bunch of people with your original post and the pictures you posted. There are a lot of different boards that are following this tale. Can you offer any reasonable explanation for the original post and pictures? I am sure there are LOTS of interested readers.

Classic Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 08:34:11 PM »
I cannot comment.
opinions are like wallets, some just aren't worth stealin'.

TDWZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 08:37:10 PM »

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 09:37:28 PM »
This is just silly. It now appears that Gary must have been threatened with a legal battle that he knows he can't afford to spend the money on to defend himself. To let this issue die with no explanation about the pic with the tags, paperwork etc and the statement about burying the body that the paperwork belongs to does nothing but make us assume the worst about the car.

samanatoo

• 69 Z28 Hugger Orange/Orange Houndstooth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 12:06:28 AM »
I am sure the buyer of this car will be seeking further inspection of the car in the near future to find the truth at hand especially after paying 125 plus for the car, we will all have to exercise some patients and the truth should come out in the end.   I feel the price paid is on the high side, but if the car is in fact real then the values of our Z28's are still on the rise.  A friend of mine was there and saw the car as well and the car is gorgeous.  I did eat some popcorn last night while watching the thread to be honest.   Good for CRG and all it does. A great site!!

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 03:24:46 AM »
   I agree - CRG should be applauded for having the cajones to reactivate the original thread - it's members and the hobby deserve that much and they I think recognize that... Thanks at least from me!
   I have the feeling that we will never know exactly what has occurred with the car in question but I feel everyone has a pretty good idea of what transpired in spite of those who have chimed in to put the heat on classicgary or classic gary as he is known now,  to discredit him into retracting his original story and apparently in effect gagging him further by legal or other threats.
   Unfortunately there are far too many people with big $$ interests involved here (along with many obviously supportive friends thereof) all who would take a beating financial or reputation-wise if all of the story unfolded completely - so for that exact reason I have concluded that the true story will never be fully stated.
   I have read enough between the Yenko, TC, and site here to come to my own conclusion(s) about what occurred and I would imagine most of you have as well. I just hope that the interest shown over the past 24 hours in this instance will show CRG, TC, and other sites especially those specifically involved in Camaros - that there are a lot of people who want to know the truth and details about specific vehicles that surface occasionally. It should also be apparent by now that they have a duty to their members to allow a certain amount of detailed information to be exchanged even if it means denting reputations or exposing fraudulant dealings in the process.
    If BJ can and does get off the hook when suspect vehicles they selectively advertise and knowingly ignore certain facts about, in order to strenuously promote a sale from which they prosper directly - then it should be possible for sites like the CRG and others to have a similar disclaimer involved to protect them from the exchange of information about vehicles they supect are fradulant, without impending legal doom hanging over their heads and necessitating censure of discussions.
    I, for one have nothing to hide about my own vehicle and I feel I reside with the majority of owners in that sense. As for the others who have agendas contrary to what the CRG and TC sites were designed to do (promote and foster the brand, and discover and research the history thereof) they in my opinion, have no business being here in the first place and if they feel unwelcome or threatened by information exchange as such, then so be it...   Randy

gman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 03:51:13 AM »
   I agree - CRG should be applauded for having the cajones to reactivate the original thread - it's members and the hobby deserve that much and they I think recognize that... Thanks at least from me!
   I have the feeling that we will never know exactly what has occurred with the car in question but I feel everyone has a pretty good idea of what transpired in spite of those who have chimed in to put the heat on classicgary or classic gary as he is known now,  to discredit him into retracting his original story and apparently in effect gagging him further by legal or other threats.
   Unfortunately there are far too many people with big $$ interests involved here (along with many obviously supportive friends thereof) all who would take a beating financial or reputation-wise if all of the story unfolded completely - so for that exact reason I have concluded that the true story will never be fully stated.
   I have read enough between the Yenko, TC, and site here to come to my own conclusion(s) about what occurred and I would imagine most of you have as well. I just hope that the interest shown over the past 24 hours in this instance will show CRG, TC, and other sites especially those specifically involved in Camaros - that there are a lot of people who want to know the truth and details about specific vehicles that surface occasionally. It should also be apparent by now that they have a duty to their members to allow a certain amount of detailed information to be exchanged even if it means denting reputations or exposing fraudulant dealings in the process.
    If BJ can and does get off the hook when suspect vehicles they selectively advertise and knowingly ignore certain facts about, in order to strenuously promote a sale from which they prosper directly - then it should be possible for sites like the CRG and others to have a similar disclaimer involved to protect them from the exchange of information about vehicles they supect are fradulant, without impending legal doom hanging over their heads and necessitating censure of discussions.
    I, for one have nothing to hide about my own vehicle and I feel I reside with the majority of owners in that sense. As for the others who have agendas contrary to what the CRG and TC sites were designed to do (promote and foster the brand, and discover and research the history thereof) they in my opinion, have no business being here in the first place and if they feel unwelcome or threatened by information exchange as such, then so be it...   Randy

excellent post...

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 03:56:26 AM »
Gary, if you are in Florida and you need to speak with a lawyer about this, please let me know.  I have handled another case similar to this with terrific results.  I can not talk about it, but the victim in this last case was taken care of.  Even if not out of state, I may still be of assistance and could direct you in the right direction.

Steve
sdkar@bellsouth.net

wagonman

• View Profile
    • 1968 Z/28 Crossram Convertible
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 05:05:46 AM »
dutch,

good verbage.

i am also one that has nothing to hide!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure we will here of some sort of outcome...

Perhaps we may see some needed changes that are way overdue......

remember,we are truly a family of car enthusiasts and are in this together!!!!!!!!!

and the world get smaller each and every day!!!

dont step on toes! dont burn your bridges!!!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 05:25:53 AM by wagonman »
I was told by a good freind recently:

"NO NUMBERS..........NO WORRIES"........

black69

• View Profile
    • my_car
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 02:51:44 PM »
this is not good for that green car: I pulled this off the internet in 5 seconds using google. when people sell stuff to rebody a car, what do you think is going to happen?

http://rides.webshots.com/album/105414558SxZDVx?start=48
Black 69L78. 4:10, RS/SS/ZL2, 'black painted tail panel different than body','red hockey stripe w/ v-top exception'
Blue 68Z28. 4:10, Kustom 'tunnel tube' headers, Nickey sold.

samanatoo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 05:07:56 PM »
WOW!  Thanks for the post, pretty much sums it up as I said before excersise some patients and the truth will show itself.   I wish I all those original docs for my Z28.

black69

• View Profile
    • my_car
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 05:39:44 PM »

If you ever want to save one of these pictures, go ahead and hit full view after clicking on it.
they will say you can't download the picture...but...
get the picture as large as you can on your screen.
then, hit shift + print screen button (top right corner of your pc key board) and now you have captured stored the full screen view of your computer (and the picture you want).
go to making an email (to yourself or a friend) and then hit 'paste' somewhere in the body of the email, using the normal paste function using the right mouse key (paste is one of the pop up functions, like cut and copy..etc)
you will see your full print screen appear!
this is how i saved good size docs that are print or download restricted from these sites.
you can save (paste) in a word documents too, sometimes I just do that.
fyi

Black 69L78. 4:10, RS/SS/ZL2, 'black painted tail panel different than body','red hockey stripe w/ v-top exception'
Blue 68Z28. 4:10, Kustom 'tunnel tube' headers, Nickey sold.

samanatoo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »
I saw enough thanks

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 07:43:11 PM »
Or you could goto full screen then "view source" with your browser, find the actual address of the photo, paste that address into your browser, and then save the photo.

Example: http://image71.webshots.com/71/9/85/88/2597985880010270329dvgsTH_fs.jpg
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

anything