Author Topic: barrett jackson las vegas Z-28  (Read 216339 times)

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: barrett jackson las vegas Z-28
« Reply #180 on: November 02, 2008, 04:18:35 PM »
I think you all have this guy wrong.
He just wants to know if KW ever actually received the "official report".

Jeff, I don't believe that for one minute. OF COURSE KW received the final copy of the report - he just chose not to show it. Fordrocks (and the other newbie agitators) have continued to stir the pot here and on three other sites while they hide behind their keyboards, spouting ridiculous conspiracy theories. We don't need them here playing their kiddie chat-room games, nor do the other sites.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

GaryL

• Marilyn and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 02, 2008, 04:30:53 PM »
If you look at the report Rich Pern posted on TC and the one KW posted on his website the glaring differeces are the "little nit-picking" items on KW's report. I doubt zinc plated gutter screws are used to verify a real Z/28. The KW report was obviously pointed at judging not verifying.

If KW was such a high level restorer how did he get a distributor with a painted vacuum can? The comment about seam sealer too narrow is probably because the vin section was welded in and burned the original sealer. There is a bunch of info in this report if you just look.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 04:37:26 PM by GaryL »
Gary

Lemans Blue X33. DZ, M20, manual steering. Only BU code rear end is original.

69LM1

• View Profile
    • http://www.69lm1.com
« Reply #182 on: November 02, 2008, 04:41:16 PM »
Also like I posted on the TC site, in every instance I know of, the report comes a few weeks after Jerry has been out and inspected. He takes the pics, documentation and numbers back to his place and sends you the final report. In the five or six cars around here that Jerry has certified, I have not seen the report for a few weeks.

This FACT, along with the KW report being a bullet list checked off by I assume KW, seems to support Jerry's answer. Like most of the people here agree, I think some are trying to take the focus off of an obviously rebodied car, and place it at Jerrys feet.

I see this as an instance of Jerry once again trying to be accomidating(sp), and now getting burned for it.

Let's face it, I am nowhere near an expert, and even I can see that the pad is a restamp. Does anyone REALLY think that Jerry would have missed that?

That can only leave you with either one of two conclusions.

Rich

Rich Pern
2012 Mustang Boss 302
69 COPO Camaro "Tin Soldier"
70 Z28 COPO
69 Camaro 307. Orig car from High School

Pacecarjeff

• View Profile
    • pacecarjeff.com
« Reply #183 on: November 02, 2008, 05:35:58 PM »
Yes - I believe got the 2nd copy, and chose not to show it - that is why the first one was scribbled all over.
But - I bet it has been destroyed. I hope JM has proof of delivery?

Really does not pay to speculate anymore...
From what I heard the car has been impounded - the authorities will have to sort it out.
This is really a mess for the hobby.

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 02, 2008, 05:40:53 PM »
Its  not a hobby for the scumbags with the swapped tags, repro tags, restamped engines, its a business.  the sooner we are free from them the better off we'll all be.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
« Reply #185 on: November 02, 2008, 05:56:05 PM »
Its  not a hobby for the scumbags with the swapped tags, repro tags, restamped engines, its a business.  the sooner we are free from them the better off we'll all be.

AMEN! If the financial "crisis" shakes the scumbags from the hobby it may prove to have been worth it.
James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa

fordrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2008, 06:30:01 PM »
bertfarm,
your way off.lets not talk about me ok?i just asked a question.im not the bulder or seller.i wasnt at BJ.im not trying to stir anything up ok.so i hope your done on your rant.anyway,pacecar jeff is right.i just asked a question.and it is this. when did JM rewrite the report?how can he prove it is the original report and not rewritten last week?if KW has only a copy of the report that dont say restoration drivetrain then that would be the original report.Kw has his copy on his website so he and jerry has that copy.but only jm has the revised copy that says restoration drivetrain.how do we know it wasnt just typed on and posted last week?thats all i wanted to know.im sure Jerry M has a logical explianation.i just wanted to hear it.

so the revised copy with restoration drivtrain printed on it is only in the hands jm right? kw doesnt have this copy right? jerry said kw didnt get it since he didnt pay in full.ok i understand that.

once again,my question is this.how can jerry prove that he didnt just print this revised copy recently?

fordrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2008, 06:44:33 PM »
pacecarjeff is the only guy here on the same page as me.so let me explain.johnz beleives that kw received the final report with restoration drivetrain.he just dont want to show it for obvious reasons.i want to believe this also.but how can jerry prove time of delivery of this final report?how do we know jerry didnt just print this final report?kw can say that he has never seen that revised copy.
john z,how do you beleive this beond a reasonable doubt?do you have proof?another question,did kw receive the final report?i thought he didnt because of lack of final payment of$150?

so sum this up.
john z,how do you beleive this beond a reasonable doubt?

did kw receive the final report?i thought he didnt because of lack of final payment of$150?

how can jerry prove time of delivery of this final report?

lets not bikker or blame.its just a question.im not trying to stir it up!i just want to know.very simple.please no harm intended.

GaryL

• Marilyn and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 02, 2008, 06:50:27 PM »
bertfarm,
your way off.lets not talk about me ok?i just asked a question.im not the bulder or seller.i wasnt at BJ.im not trying to stir anything up ok.so ..........

So who are you and why did you show up to talk about only this topic? Do you have a first gen Camaro? Do you know anything about first gen Camaros? So far I have not seen anywhere that you have contributed knowledge to this hobby. I am only asking a question now.
Gary

Lemans Blue X33. DZ, M20, manual steering. Only BU code rear end is original.

fordrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2008, 06:56:07 PM »
to be fair i will answer your question.i have been on this site since the beginning.i choose to not say who i am.i have a certified Jm 69 z.i purchased it 4-5 years ago and it came with jm certs.so this topic is important to me.but lets not talk about whos posting ok?lets talk about the subject on hand.thank you.

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 02, 2008, 07:30:35 PM »
Fordrocks...You are getting confused. The 150.00 payment issue was with someone else.

fordrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 02, 2008, 08:02:55 PM »
charlie,thank you for that.

Pacecarjeff

• View Profile
    • pacecarjeff.com
« Reply #192 on: November 02, 2008, 08:25:01 PM »
I just have to say - I really don't know anything.
I was not there - I have no vested interest in this car.

I was just speculating- which I really don't want to do anymore.
I do know Jerry - he is a valuable asset to this hobby.
And this whole thing is an unfortunate event.

fordrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 02, 2008, 09:58:05 PM »
im actually tired of talking about it also.i hope we find out the truth and the outcome.and nobody gets hurt.

JL8Jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2008, 10:24:46 PM »
Carlisle was in June.  I'm sure Jerry had plenty of time between June and October to send the final report.  But I'm sure Jerry will post back up when he returns from his trip.  Way too much speculation going on here especially for such an important subject.  In the end, the car has an obvious restamped engine and nobody should be willing to spend $125K unless the color matches their jacket!  ;D
1969 Z28 JL8 4 wheel disc brakes, #'s match - being restored