Author Topic: Starting problems  (Read 17140 times)

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
Re: Starting problems
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 03:04:18 PM »
Thanks, I will test for that.

Jimmy V.
Jimmy V.

nwbalddog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 08:57:23 PM »
I am in the middle of installing the ignitor II and I have the stock coil. I will be also removing the stock starter and replace a jegs mini starter. I am at the office and do not have car or instructions in front of me...., is the resistor in place as the diagram portrays, so I simply take red wire from to that location. I think the instructions for the starter are to eliminate the R terminal if I replced my points with this set up?
1969 Camarao Convertible
396/SS/RS/Auto

nwbalddog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 05:49:20 AM »
OK, I could not find the ballast resistor on my car, placed red wire from Ignitor to coil +...car runs fine, just need to dial in my timing better, installing starter tomorrow I hope
1969 Camarao Convertible
396/SS/RS/Auto

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 02:29:11 PM »
OK, I could not find the ballast resistor on my car, placed red wire from Ignitor to coil +...car runs fine, just need to dial in my timing better, installing starter tomorrow I hope

As I noted earlier, your car doesn't have a separate ballast resistor - the cloth-covered wire from the multiple connector on the engine side of the fuse block to the coil (+) terminal is a special resistance wire that serves the same purpose as the separate ballast resistor on earlier Corvettes.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

nwbalddog

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 03:26:38 PM »
Thanks, I reviewed my wirng diagram and this string better AFTER I posted, appreciate the knowledge of all here to help me along!
1969 Camarao Convertible
396/SS/RS/Auto