Author Topic: Hershey  (Read 16664 times)

Camaro Billy

• View Profile
    • 1969 RS/SS
Re: Hershey
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 03:42:16 PM »
Thanks Tom & Phillip for the congrats. I made a bracket and mounted the medallion on my grill this AM. I am considering coming to Charlotte in the spring, but it is long drive for me. Phillip, there is a meet next May in Gettysburg, do you know if it is a national one ? It would be much closer for me and give me a chance for my Senior. Then if I was lucky enough in Gettysburg, I could go for Preservation at Fall Hershey.
Billy
1969 RS/SS 350/300 Rallye Green . Black Vinyl Top

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 07:09:04 PM »
Not trying to step on toes, but yes the Gettysburg meet is a National event. If you look on AACA website it is the Eastern Spring meet, just like Hershey is the Eastern FALL meet. Rumor is trailer parking is going to be tight, so if you know someone closeby that you could park a trailer it may be easier.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

NED

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 02:04:27 AM »
Congrats Billy,
I know exactly what you went through at Hershey. I was in the same position last year at Hershey with my 67 Z/28. Read some things, but didn't really know what to expect. I did receive a first junior as you did, and went for the senior at this years Spring Meet . I was back at Hershey for my first preservation this Fall. Glad you were there this year as Camaros need to be represented at the AACA. You have to admit though, Their judging is noithing like the Camaro Nationals. Now those guys are tough!  Ned
Bill
67Z Bench seat
69JL8 Burnish Brown
67 camaro modified ls1,6 speed, 9 "rear

Camaro Billy

• View Profile
    • 1969 RS/SS
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 07:07:19 PM »
Thanks Maroman. I saw on the AACA calendar that Charlote was listed as Southeastern National Spring Meet and Gettysburg as Eastern Spring Meet , so wasn't sure if they both had the same importance.
 Ned, thanks for the congrats. Is this your car ? If so she is  beauty, not too many 67' Z's out there that nice.
Billy

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 09:23:54 PM »
No toes stepped upon...  I was actually at a regional meeting this past week, which explains my slow response.... 

Billy, aren't you getting the Antique Auto magazine?  All the sanctioned events are listed near the front.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

TDWZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 11:16:57 PM »
Congratulations  Billy. Any pictures of it we can look at?

Camaro Billy

• View Profile
    • 1969 RS/SS
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 12:18:17 AM »
Here is a shot from Hershey

Camaro Billy

• View Profile
    • 1969 RS/SS
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 12:19:56 AM »
One more.
Billy

NED

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 01:44:32 AM »
Billy
   Yes that was my Red 67z that you pictured. Sorry I didn't get to meet you at the show. I had a great time, weather was perfect and met several people who had some history on the car. One actually put me in contact with the salesman who originally ordered the car. Original owner passed away several years ago, but second owner is still out there and we are trying to track him down. That kind of stuff makes the hobby cool to me. I hope to go to Gettysburg in the spring.  Maybe we can catch up there.  ned
Bill
67Z Bench seat
69JL8 Burnish Brown
67 camaro modified ls1,6 speed, 9 "rear

Camaro Billy

• View Profile
    • 1969 RS/SS
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 12:56:53 PM »
Ned,
That is cool when you can get some history on your car. We went to Pigeon Forge TN for the Grand Run this spring. My wife and I came back to our car after checking out the exhibits in the convention center. There was a guy checking out the car. Turns out he was the one who did the restoration in 2001, 5 years before I bought the car. He had alot of details about how original the car was.
Phillip, I checked the magazine and it lays it all out, thanks.
Billy