Author Topic: Research for hole in frame of '67 camaros  (Read 4404 times)

heckler

• View Profile
Research for hole in frame of '67 camaros
« on: October 02, 2008, 04:05:54 AM »
As requested in research page on CRG website I have the 3" access holes in the front of my frame.  Car was built in November of '66.  It is VIN# 123377N178774.
Hope this helps your research on this detail. 

Scratch my back???   Looking to find out where this car was first sold.  How to find out?

Thank you or your help.

Mike

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: Research for hole in frame of '67 camaros
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 05:04:24 PM »
Looking to find out where this car was first sold.  How to find out?

Read this:
http://www.camaros.org/geninfo.shtml#MyCarHistory

On US cars you will have to research through titles and previous owners.  Sometimes you get lucky.  I found the original dealer with a title search in the state where it came from and then a letter to the two previous owners.  There are several posts on CRG where people talk about this.  Some states only keep about 10 years of records and all have privacy policies you will have to work around. Run a search on the main forum page.

Good luck
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

heckler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 01:32:04 AM »
Thank you for the help.  My car is also butternut yellow, but bumble bee strip on the front.  '67

Mike

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 03:50:08 PM »
Mike,
This might help you find the original owner or at least several after him...   Call 800-772-1213.  It is the Social Security Administrations letter forwarding service.  Ask them for an office and phone# that's near you.  Write a letter to the person that you know last owned the car befroe the guy you bought your car from.  All you need is an address and a name.  The SSA will look up in their records that persons address and if they are still alive will trace the addresses back to that person.  If the person respondes with info you do the same thing again.

I got this info from a letter that came to my wife.  She was very close to her cousin when they were kids.  They have not seen each other for 35 years.  Her cousin contacted the SSA and traced our addresses through the years and delivered her letter with a cover letter that says, "This person is looking to contact you." It goes on to also say that "We did not give them your address or any other information about you".  "It is up to you to contact the person writing to you and you don't have to tell us what you decide to do."

My wifes cousin wrote to her in July and the letters came in late September.   

Hope it helps!
Joe
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe

heckler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 03:33:56 AM »
I'll also try that...thank you.

Mike