Author Topic: Body work recommendations  (Read 4754 times)

Tvitzelio

• View Profile
Body work recommendations
« on: June 08, 2007, 04:13:52 PM »
I am looking for some recommendations from you experts. You have all been a big help to me in the past. I have finally finished the disassembly of my 1968 camaro and I am getting ready to start working on the body. Overall the body is is good shape with the exception of rust on the roof, both quarter panels, upper rear outer body panel, caused by a vinal roof and trunk pan. I have attached some photos of what the damage looks like and would like to know if I should replace all the rusted areas with new sheet metal or just have them patched. I figured that I would have to replace the roof, trunk pan and the upper rear outer body panel, but would I need to replace the entire rear quarter panels or just patch the rusted areas. Any advice would be great.

Photos are located here:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/plusdafact@sbcglobal.net/album/576460762403908916

« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 04:34:38 PM by Tvitzelio »

sd1968z28

• View Profile
Re: Body work recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 05:52:45 PM »
get the car completely media blasted, then make your decission. there could be other issues?

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 08:13:41 PM »
You should also let someone make the decision who is in the business.  Trying to search for answers over the internet for a question like this is not a good idea.  Find a local body shop in your area and get a professional opinion from someone who has been in the business for many years.

Jerry

Tvitzelio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 09:32:18 PM »
Thanks for the advice Jerry.  I have gotten responses ranging from patching those areas will be fine to just scrap the car because its going to be a fortune to fix it.  I will let some one look at first hand to see what I have got.  Thanks again

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 01:57:11 PM »
If you have a club or paint supply shop in your area, try to get leads from either place.  This is your best source for finding the right guy to evaluate your car.

Good luck,

Jerry

anything