Author Topic: Restoration parts  (Read 2285 times)

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
Restoration parts
« on: September 08, 2008, 09:30:15 PM »
I thought I would let you all know about a GM restoration house I found today that just blew me away!!!!  I'm at the paint stage with my 69 SS 350.  We're going to paint the stripes on the car and so with that decided I called Rick's to order the stencil set...they didn't have any and they could not say when the kit would be in.  I told the body man and he said call this guy and ask for Earl.  I did and then took a drive to his place. WOW!!!!!!! :o 

The guy owns "Competitive Automotive Inc.".  The place is located in Warwick, RI just off of RT95.  The address is 2095 West Shore Road (Rt.117) Warwick, RI 02886.  The phone # is 401-739-6262 and he has a fax #, 401-739-1497.  Strange hours but they work 12 to 7PM and be patient with phone calls one guy does it all.   He has no web site and no catalog.  He told me to use the other guys catalogs and then call him. And don't be afraid to ask if you don't see it in a catalog because he has that and more!!!

This guy has any and everything that you could possibly imagine.  All the clips for all the chrome and anything else that uses a clip.  All the wire harness clips and ties.  Bolts, interior parts, sheetmetal he has used stuff, transmissions, chrome I could go on and on you get the idea! 

If you can drive there and you need something that is large they don't have, as long as it goes in with his normal stock order he won't charge shipping if you can pick it up at his place.  Most everything you would want is in stock and the price is less.  I bought the strip stencil kit for $95.00  with no shipping, a can of interior paint for $12.00.

A great place for your Camaro and any other GM classic.  By the way all the stuff he sells is the same stuff Rick's and the others sell.     

I hope this is of help!

Joe
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe

anything