Author Topic: Wipers ? RS ?  (Read 3726 times)

ss_67_rs

• View Profile
Wipers ? RS ?
« on: August 07, 2008, 09:00:14 PM »
I am trying to locate a new wiper washer switch for my 67. When I go into parts parts suppliers catalogues, some say not for RS, my car is an RS what is the difference in the switches for 67 cars and are there single and two speed motors. ?
Thanks
   Nigel 
Gettin harder to own a ''Gas Guzzler'' these days with all the carbon footprint hype !!! So I thought i'de better have two ;^) Gotta Vortec Blazer too ....... Life's a beach - party while you can     >Nigel<

Sauron327

• View Profile
Re: Wipers ? RS ?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 09:25:32 PM »
Nigel, In what catalogues are you looking? Mine all call for one switch type, but choice between imported or oem style. Perhaps the vendor you are dealing with is referring to a 68 RS switch which has vacuum ports. I just parted out a 67 RS and its the same as my non RS.  Scott

ss_67_rs

• View Profile
Re: Wipers ? RS ?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 09:59:05 PM »
Scott, that probably sounds about right coz the listings I mentioned listed 67/68 switches so I guess the RS relevence is for the 68. Thats interesting to know. Thank you
Gettin harder to own a ''Gas Guzzler'' these days with all the carbon footprint hype !!! So I thought i'de better have two ;^) Gotta Vortec Blazer too ....... Life's a beach - party while you can     >Nigel<