CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 08:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
102228 Posts in 12071 Topics by 4661 Members
Latest Member: 23bull
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  68 Tail Light Bezels - Which Ones?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: 68 Tail Light Bezels - Which Ones?  (Read 5257 times)
jeff68

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 10:21:21 PM »

I just received a set of CHQ bezels from Rick's, and they are very nice.  I was pleasantly surprised with the quality.  The chrome & overall finish is very good.  My original lenses and backs fit perfectly.  If you look closely, you can tell that they are slightly different around the lens openings, but you wouldn't notice unless comparing them side-by-side to an original set. The only disappointment was that the studs are pre-threaded with a standard thread (1/4-20 I think).  The original nuts can't be used without basically cross-threading them on.  So, I will probably just use the nuts that came with the bezels.

One more question - Was anything put over the ends of the studs after they were installed (like a cap of any type)?  I never recall seeing anything and my father (original owner) doesn't either.

Thanks for all the help,
Jeff

68 L30 / M20 Convertible
Ash Gold
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: