Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

Grille color on a X44?

(1/11) > >>

hgger69:
Hi there!
I´m a new member on this forum and I have a quest regarding subject above!
My car is a Hugger orange 1969 X44 model with Houndstooth Deluxe interior. My guess is that the grille is not correct painted.
As I understand it should be Argent silver as the head lamp bezels?! Is that correctly understood?

Regards Hakan from Sweden.

KurtS:
Yes, it should be silver.
http://www.camaros.org/exterior.shtml#1969Grille

hgger69:

--- Quote from: KurtS on August 01, 2008, 09:22:30 PM ---Yes, it should be silver.
http://www.camaros.org/exterior.shtml#1969Grille

--- End quote ---

Thanx for quick anser Kurt! I belive i spoken with you before regarding this matter??
I´ve seen som strange grill color here in Sweden on a Z/28. It looked like only the "top" of the outer mesh were silver and the the rest of the grille were black?!
Correct me if I´m wrong but shouldn´t the complete grille be painted in Argent silver like the headlight bezels?? And what happens with my ceome trim round the grille?

JohnZ:

--- Quote from: hgger69 on August 02, 2008, 08:38:41 AM --- I´ve seen som strange grill color here in Sweden on a Z/28. It looked like only the "top" of the outer mesh were silver and the the rest of the grille were black?!
Correct me if I´m wrong but shouldn´t the complete grille be painted in Argent silver like the headlight bezels?? And what happens with my ceome trim round the grille?

--- End quote ---

The "egg-crate" portion of the grille should be painted argent silver, matching the headlight bezels; the bright trim around the edge of the "egg-crate" area remains bright. The ring around the headlamp lens on the front of the bezel should also be argent silver, not black as shown in the photo.

hgger69:

--- Quote from: JohnZ on August 02, 2008, 02:35:42 PM ---The "egg-crate" portion of the grille should be painted argent silver, matching the headlight bezels; the bright trim around the edge of the "egg-crate" area remains bright. The ring around the headlamp lens on the front of the bezel should also be argent silver, not black as shown in the photo.

--- End quote ---

OK, now I´m lost here!  :o
What do you mean with "egg-crate" ?? Can you show a pic of what you mean, please! Is it the mesh pattern you mean?
And it should be painted silver all the way from beginning to end not just the front area?!

...the area a´round the lights I´ve never thought about before, thank you for that information! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page