Author Topic: Garage Lifts  (Read 4571 times)

DonSTP

• 68-RS
    • View Profile
Garage Lifts
« on: July 31, 2008, 02:21:15 AM »
Any recomendations on garage lifts?  I'm considering purchasing the new 5th Gen Camaro but first need to figure out where I'd park it. 

My garage ceiling is roughly 104 inches.  My 68 Camaro is around 52 inches high and the lifts I've seen require about 67 inches for the lower vehicle.  The height of the new Camaro (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/camarospecs.pdf) is about 54 inches so it would fit under the lifts I've seen.

Looking for any recomendations / feedback / experiences / suggestions / etc... 

Comments welcome.

Thanks

bbd564

• View Profile
Re: Garage Lifts
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 02:39:01 AM »
I have a Backyard Buddy lift for about 4 years now.  I am very happy with it.  It is a high quality lift but they are not cheap.

3Zs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 02:40:59 AM »
Check out www.hardingsteel.com.  I have one in my garage, which has a ceiling height exactly the same as yours.  These lifts are purely for storage; ( you cannot access the bottom of the upper car for service).  I have first generation Camaros and Corvettes and the lifts provide adequate clearance for both.  Harding delivers the lift to you, installs it and adjusts it to your cars and your ceiling height.  They are not cheap, but are very sturdy.  

BILL69

• 69 Conv. auto/ ac/ ps/ pb/ pt LA built
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 02:03:48 AM »
Do you want a lift just for parking, or will you be using if for repairs ect..?  I have had an Eagle brand 2 post lift for about 5 years now and it has been great.  I use my lift for auto work but do park under it occasionally.  Mine is a "low overhead" design with no overhead connector between the 2 posts.  The cables are routed under a floor plate.  It is rated at 10000 lbs. and has a large foot pattern.  They make several designs depending on what you want to do.
Be American   Buy American

anything