CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 07:25:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104978 Posts in 12266 Topics by 4728 Members
Latest Member: MartySS
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  Correct style grille for 68 RS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Correct style grille for 68 RS  (Read 2084 times)
sumrtime68rs

View Profile Email
« on: February 07, 2006, 12:23:55 AM »

I'm looking at the replacement grille set up for a 68 RS being offered on ebay by Heartbeat City with the silver facing on the edges of the grille and headlight doors. It seems that this is a fairly new product made by CHQ and I'm told it is the correct style for 68 Rally Sports and that no one had ever reproduced it before, thus being the reason we see all of the 68's with black replacement grilles. I'm looking for comments on whether or not these are correct? Anybody with a survivor out there with this type of grille? Thanks, Dan
ccargo

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 04:40:21 PM »

Yes, that is the correct look for the 68 RS grille. Here's a 15k original mile car with the original grille. The reproduction is closer to a chrome look than the original hot stamped silver.
ccargo

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 04:51:38 PM »

This is the aftermarket 68 grille installed on my other car. I think it looks good....but a bit bright as you can see it even distorted the photo its so bright!
sumrtime68rs

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 11:43:47 AM »

Wow!
That's cool to see both! Thanks for the replys and I look forward to getting the correct look, Dan.......p.s. Beautiful cars too!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: