Author Topic: bumpers  (Read 4273 times)

dan the man

• View Profile
bumpers
« on: June 10, 2008, 02:21:34 AM »
What;s the deal on repro. bumpers for first gens.? Are they worth anything or do you need to re-chrome? I know there are subtle difs. in a 67&68 but nobody offers separate bumpers

motion427

• View Profile
Re: bumpers
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:20:07 AM »
well as a member of the GOODMARK INDUSTRIES team, our 67-68 X bumpers are nice. We have new 69 X bumpers that fit real nice also. there is no substitute for your OE rechromed unless it is rusted to the bone and back. or if its bent bad or just not worth it. youve got a choice of nice repro or rechrome your OE for a whole lot more money and time!!
69 L88 CAMARO

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 04:02:37 AM »
Dan--as with a lot of aftermarket and repro parts it's a turkey shoot. After my ugly experience with a company whose doors didn't fit their own fenders and cost me $$$ for a pro to fix, in retrospect I'd have saved my old GM stuff with patch panels. I had to modify the doors inside because the window adjustment slots were punched over an inch off and the windows wouldn't align. I've had to tweak or modify things as simple as 1/4-window chrome that had the hole drilled in the wrong place. I'm not knocking the repro guys--you work with what you can get--but there is no substitute for OEM. I have used Norden bumpers, though, and what I had fit fine and were nicely plated. My  cents and good luck! 
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 12:41:36 PM »
Take a look

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=2889.0

note that this was for a driver...
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director